Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW PB. NOPI OHIO 11.2@120mph(allmotor)

Just got back from a great weekend at nopi. I ended up 5th out of 25 cars in brackets. I ran several 11.3's and one 11.2. Hoping to lighten it up a bit this winter, lexan, straight beam axle, hood skin.
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123
    2006 import wars quick 8 runner up

great job mike. wow 11.2..... ur pullin away from me more and more. lol. just wait till i learn how to drive my car better. muah!!! we missed ya at import wars on sun. but its awesome u did good at nopi. take care big guy
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)

Quote Originally Posted by bearsek
    Just got back from a great weekend at nopi. I ended up 5th out of 25 cars in brackets. I ran several 11.3's and one 11.2. Hoping to lighten it up a bit this winter, lexan, straight beam axle, hood skin.
    Nice!
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

esthirteen
    good job mike. nopis way better then any import wars huh? prolly twice as many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by esthirteen
    good job mike. nopis way better then any import wars huh? prolly twice as many cars.
    At least twice as many cars and specifically, cars that are actually fast. Not that theres not any fast cars at GLD, but the 14 sec. and slower cars just get old after a while ans aren't exactly that fun to watch. Just sucks that it's a 7 hour drive away.
    Last edited by EVIL AWD; 10-16-2006 at 07:16 PM.
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

Last edited by bearsek; 10-17-2006 at 06:33 AM.
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsek

nice for a full drag car n/a..... 10s will come... i'm looking for 9s in my full street caged turbo Turbo4 setup.... i'm as close to 9s as you are to 10s. hehe
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

POW!
    congrats mikey!!!!!!!!

way to go mike! When you ran that 11.4 at GLD I thought I could beat that.
    I ran a 11.35 on sunday, but now I'm back to being an all motor turd!
    I gotta get my ass in gear and finish that new car.
    "When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
    2006 GLD Import Wars Quick8 Champion
    new best 10-15-06 11.35@112

mike and by the way, Rich won on sun. and almost bumped you out of 2nd place. He jumped past parker to finish 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Prescott
    mike and by the way, Rich won on sun. and almost bumped you out of 2nd place. He jumped past parker to finish 3rd.
    What happened did he rattle you a bit??? I wish I was there to shit talk you and miss a gear in the first round. What was richs best et???
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123

I rattled myself. I went out first round, .003red.
    Rich ran a 12.0, personal best for him.
    Full field again in the Quick8.
    Only 3 cars in the Frantic7, and parker broke 4th gear so it was 2 byes first round. pretty weak.
    I don't know why all these people with their blisteringly fast cars don't enter that class, they just come and enter the TnT. They need an entire season to tune their car?
    Unless more people enter that class it's history. And that's a shame. I thought a balls out, anything goes heads-up class could draw at least 7 cars a race.

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Only 3 cars in the Frantic7, and parker broke 4th gear so it was 2 byes first round. pretty weak.
    I don't know why all these people with their blisteringly fast cars don't enter that class, they just come and enter the TnT. They need an entire season to tune their car?
    Unless more people enter that class it's history. And that's a shame. I thought a balls out, anything goes heads-up class could draw at least 7 cars a race.
    I agree with you Prescott. I hope that we can keep this field for next year. Personally, I prefer to run quick 8 because it depends on consistency. I would love to enter both like Garrett can, but I just simply cannot afford to do so.

Either way... Congratulations are in order for Mike with some excellent passes at Norwalk -- it is a very nice track with excellent prep!, and for Prescott with a great couple of passes and an excellent 11.35 pass. I look forward to seeing more personal bests in 2007 from Garrett, Prescott, Mike L., myself and others. I had a good time this season, even with all the breakage I encountered, and hope that I can be at a much higher level for the next season.

Also, with the changeover to NHRA specs, I really need to get more information regarding safety specifications for cars (cage, suit, fuel system, battery cutoff, etc.) up to 9.49 sec. I would appreciate anyone's advice on places for cage fabrication, chassis certification, etc.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

its my turn next year

Quote Originally Posted by waldotaz2003
    I will be waiting
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123

JDMbeee16
    good shit mikey cant wait till we tune my car thursday woot woot

I rattled myself. I went out first round, .003red.
    Rich ran a 12.0, personal best for him.
    Full field again in the Quick8.
    I couldn't agree more. Now we have to deal with them in our class. I don't want everything to be about bracket racing some people don't care how consistant their car is, just want it to go as fast as possible. Whats the deal with upgrading to an NHRA track they don't think NHRA will come do they?? Maybe now they will fix what should be the focus of the business, Fixing the busted up track and burnout boxes
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123

NICE TIME BUT ITS A DRAG CAR SO hmmmm
    Not Fast and Furious enough........

Quote Originally Posted by micro_machine
    NICE TIME BUT ITS A DRAG CAR SO hmmmm
    Did you built that pyle no your BIG brother did. Who drove it, YOUR brother, So shut your face, pretty sad for a turbo car making 150 more horsepower.Your only trapping 6 miles an hour faster than me sweet. Mine weighs 2155 w me in it. DO THE MATH IDIOT
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123

Under Pressure Motorsports CEO TheBlueSupra's Avatar
    who has the POPCORN