Question on an original LT1 ('70-'72)

So a friend of mine just bought a '73 Z28 that has been sitting since 1987. The last owner said that there was a LT1 in it currently. My friend doesn't know what he wants to do yet, keep and rebuild the LT1 or put in his 383 stroker. I told him to get the some numbers off the block and I'll run them and get the break down, but my question is, does anybody have any ideas on how much an original LT1 is worth? I realize that it depends of course on what it came out of, Camaro or Corvette, and the year, but basically I'm just looking for some ballpark figures. I looked on ebay and there aren't any engines on there and I couldn't find anything else on google. Thanks in advace guys!

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

if his car is a 73,it not likely a special engine at all. those were low compression slugs by then.
    shove the stroker in it.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I did do some research and found out that it originally had a boat anchor 350, but the LT1 was put in at a later time. I also agree to put the stroker in it and sell the LT1 (if it is a real one). But I still would like to know what the LT1, may be worth.

Borchardt's SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by 84hurst
    I did do some research and found out that it originally had a boat anchor 350, but the LT1 was put in at a later time. I also agree to put the stroker in it and sell the LT1 (if it is a real one). But I still would like to know what the LT1, may be worth.
    it really depends on what the date codes and engine stamping are,what condition it is in,and who is looking for THAT particular date coded block/heads.
    to a most guys,it is just another 350 core.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    it really depends on what the date codes and engine stamping are,what condition it is in,and who is looking for THAT particular date coded block/heads.
    to a most guys,it is just another 350 core.
    Well, thanks for the info, I still have to get those numbers, but I'll keep ya posted and let you know what I find!

Borchardt's SUCKS