Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1990 Mustang hatch with 598 BBF & MY BBF FOX IDEAS?

This is a guy I know from the 460 ford website I'm on....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081/14

It's a pretty good "step by step" build up on a big block Fox ...

P.S. Turn down your sound on the site unless you like Huey Lewis music...
    Last edited by DynoTom; 10-07-2006 at 09:35 PM.

OMG, rediculous!!!! I LOVE IT!

Did you see his shop....
    410W/YS-i/10 lbs Boost/Pump Gas
    9.90 @ 140

I really like this BBF fox, it has a great stance but not crazy about the color.
    http://www.stangcrazy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1584

I wonder what intake that car uses?

Quote Originally Posted by FSTNA347
    I really like this BBF fox, it has a great stance but not crazy about the color.
    http://www.stangcrazy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1584

I seen the engine pics but, I can't tell if it is the new or old version of the TFS A-460 intake?

I'm trying to find out what cowl size hood will clear the new TFS intake in a FOX Stang......

The old version of the TFS A-460 intake was nowhere near as tall as the new TFS A-460 intake that I use on my engine....

Maybe I will email the seller and ask him what intake the car uses????

Here is a pic of the old and new TFS A-460 intakes side by side.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRacer
    I'm trying to find out what cowl size hood will clear the new TFS intake in a FOX Stang......
    What? No more Comet?

I'll take that Comet!
    Cough it up, I wish I would've gotten the one you sold Andy.... Seriously! Sam

Thinking FOX car?

I don't know.....You FOX body guys have it soo easy as far as build ups go.....

All the parts you need to make your cars hook and swap in BBF engines are VERY easy find and buy.....I'm kind of getting tired of not knowing what my "old car" will need as far as parts and money to get the BBF running and driving since 99 % of the stuff to do those things will have to be cu$$$$$$$$tom made.....

I thought a FOX Capri, Mustang or 87-88 Thunderbird would make a home for the 521 engine with very easy to buy and figure out parts.....

The FOX car BBF swap parts are ALL available including the TFS A-460 swap headers from multiple places......The mounts and oil pans for the swap are very easy to buy too.....

I figure by putting the 521 / TH400 engine in a FOX car at least it will end all the "open ended" questions on the swap that the old car poses and nobody can really answer.....

I have been watching for FOX "rollers" as Boss says that would be my best bet.....I really like the Thunderbird FOX chassis cars and a 521 BBF engine will make me like them even more.....

I did some checking on a bigblockfox website and found out the FOX Stang stuff will all transfer onto the 87- 88 Tbird chassis......

I'm not ruling out a Stang or Capri yet.......But, I think I would like the Tbird better as it's more my style........

Sam, if the Comet don't sell as a "roller" I might keep it and do up a simple Winsor motor for it.....Nothing really big HP maybe 500 HP set up for a medium shot of nitrous.....I would be willing to trade off the Comet for a suitable FOX car if I could find one.....

I hate to change direction like this but, I have to factor in "getting the car done" sometime too and a FOX car and the parts it needs for EVERY part of the swap is a phone call away....

Sell the galaxie, and put a 408 in the comet.

Oh ya, Galaxie is leaving for ebay within 2 weeks....

Oh ya, Galaxie is leaving for ebay within 2 weeks....

I could do up a nice 408 for the Comet but, I really only want one car as a "toy".....

Maybe if I put the Comet "out there" as a trade for a FOX chassis car something will show up????

But, I can still buy the FOX chassis without trading / selling the Comet off....

It's more of a deal that I really only want "toy" car in the end....

The good thing is that SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many cool azz parts are out there for the FOX / BBF swap.

Sell the Galaxie and go from there.

I know i'll take a beating for this but I would rather have something like the Comet any day. The 79-93 mustangs are from the lamest time period for cars looks and style wise imo. I know I have one but like you said they are cheap and I do like them somewhat, I have added some different body parts and such to make it a little different. I also have been messing with them for 10 years now so it is a stick with what you know deal. I could surely see myself getting something older if the right deal came along but the $$ isn't there right now to do something old.
    Alot of the swap stuff they sell for the BBF swap is for stock type BBFs, make sure when you see these headers and stuff they are for something with your kind of power. For the most part any people I've talked to or cars I seen on the net have been your typical chassis shop custom made $2000 headers. I just want you to be sure that the $$ amounts your seeing are correct, add it all up and be sure it would be worth it. I would hate to see you bail out on a really cool project and sell the car. As you know stuff like that is getting harder and harder to find, and they are not getting cheaper either.

I sure you have probably seen these sites but I thought I would throw them out there just in case.
    http://fordifiedracing.homestead.com/bigblockfox.html
    www.460ford.com

I think a 540+ci BBF or BBC with a TH400, pump gas, 150hp plate kit would make an awesome street car.

Yep, I have been on those sites for a while....

I know the Comet would be neater but, by the time I get the motor in the car with the custom headers, mounts, pulling the shock towers out for coil overs and adding rack and pinion it's just too much money to do it...And that is not even factoring in the rear suspension work...

I can keep the Comet if I want to but, it seems like my "big fun fast car" should be a FOX as buying all the parts to fit this A-460 head big block will be easy.....I even thought about buying a somewhat "built up" 302 or 351-W based FOX car to swap the motor into the Comet? If I stick a SBF in the Comet it will not cost much at all as all the mods that I would need to fit the 521 will not be needed....
    Last edited by DynoTom; 10-07-2006 at 09:33 PM.

I like this one !!

Same car ???? I think so????

I think this is the same car with the stickers on it....????

http://www.fordmuscle.com/classified...ad.php?id=4406

Same city so my guess would be yes. It's nice that alot of the chassis stuff seems taken care of.

That chassis would put me into "Race Car" class @ KOTH..

The only thing I seen about that chassis is that the ladder bars would put me into the "race car" class for KOTH races......I'm not building the car for KOTH but, it would be nice to have it running KOTH's stock suspension 10.5 tire class though....

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRacer
    The only thing I seen about that chassis is that the ladder bars would put me into the "race car" class for KOTH races......I'm not building the car for KOTH but, it would be nice to have it running KOTH's stock suspension 10.5 tire class though....
    For one day a year I wouldn't worry about it. It could be broke or whatever on that day.

I agree,,

I agree but, you know I will always hear about how it's really a "race car" and not a street car year round though....

There is a guy who lives next door to me who has a SUPER CLEAN 91 Mustang "hatch" 4 cylinder stick car......I have been "eyeing" it for weeks now......I wonder if he would sell it to me?????

It's white with a grey interior.....I thought I prefered "hatches" but, I now see a "coupe" can be set up badd azz too !!!