Getting ready for Road America in 2 weeks. In Spring I converted my truck's stock 1 piston 10.5" brakes that melted badly at R.A., to standard 12" LS1 brakes/calipers. They felt about the same, honestly......

...until yesterday when I tested my race pads for the first time!! I went with SSMike1's recommendation of CarboTech, and they insisted that I run the XP10s (XP9s are discontinued/unavailable, and Larry felt XP8 would be too little for my heavy truck). Well I don't have much race pad experience but I can say these XP10s are unbelievable!! I never had so much fun before decelerating!!

I noticed the difference as soon as I rolled down my driveway, ice cold, not broken in! I followed the breakin procedure and boy do they get grabby when hot! From 65mph you can lock up the tires no problem at half pedal but the nice thing is, as you slow down, you have so much more pedal left to use if you need!!

All in all, very impressive and a massive improvement over what I was running before. I can't wait to really hammer these babies from 130 MPH. I'm gonna try to set up some brake ducts as well, anyone know where I can get some tubing?