Baddriver01

94 Cobra SVT specs...value

Someone is offering me a 1994 SVT cobra with 45000 miles on it as a partial trade for my car. I'm having a hard time finding a value, any help or guesses on it's value would be appreciated. Also, any quirks or problems common with the car. Sorry, but I was always an F-body man so this is new territory for me. Thanks for your help.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I always watch e-bay to see what they go for. IMO... Value is what it's actually worth to people...not on paper.
    I'd say around $10k if it's in good shape.

Hope the link works..

http://motors.search.ebay.com/1994-c...Z1QQsofocusZbs

Baddriver01
    Thanks, KBB and NADA had them at very different values and Edmunds is almost always lower. It's hard to judge, it is in good shape according to the owner and has many suspension mods and a few exhaust mods. Otherwise it seems to be pretty much the stock 5.0. I'll keep watching to see what happens. E-bay is unpredictable; you basically need 2 people interested in your car at the same time to get a fair price. Otherwise, one may bid high but never win because there was no competition and his/her bid just sat at $100 or whatever. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddriver01
    E-bay is unpredictable; you basically need 2 people interested in your car at the same time to get a fair price. Otherwise, one may bid high but never win because there was no competition and his/her bid just sat at $100 or whatever. Thanks for the help.

Correct! But that also shows the value, and marketability of the vehicle. If it's something that only 1 person is interested out of the thousands that look at E-Bay per day you know you have something you're going to have a problem selling, whether it's becasue of what you want to get for it or what it is, that's a different story. You have to think about this before you trade cars, since it might look like a great deal, but then two months later you need to sell it, and you'd have a better chance selling ice to eskimos because of what you think it's worth, and need to get for it!

Marketing 101 - Check what others are selling for, and check the competition... Then advertise yours competitively. If you get more for it, then you did well...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

I use to care then she happend mike90lxII's Avatar
    I'd say realistically around $7500 for a 94-94 cobra. wasn't much difference between them and the normal gt.

You could get a nice 97-98 cobra for around 10k wich in my opinion is a much better car.
    I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win

Quote Originally Posted by mike90lxII
    I'd say realistically around $7500 for a 94-94 cobra. wasn't much difference between them and the normal gt.

You could get a nice 97-98 cobra for around 10k wich in my opinion is a much better car.
    Couldn't agree more. The mileage makes that 94 cobra nice but the 96-up were much more desireable Cobras and have held value better. Roughly 30HP seperated the GT and Cobra in 94 (intake, TB?, 1.72RR) and the other differences were pretty much cosmetic.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I still rather have the 94-95 5.0 cobra motor than a 96-98 non-PI 4.6.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED
    Couldn't agree more. The mileage makes that 94 cobra nice but the 96-up were much more desireable Cobras and have held value better. Roughly 30HP seperated the GT and Cobra in 94 (intake, TB?, 1.72RR) and the other differences were pretty much cosmetic.
    94-95 cobra had the gt40 heads, 1.7 rr, the gt40 intake, 24# injectors, rear bumper said "MUSTANG" and the front cobra bumper, no cobra hood yet, and the cobra spec wheels, other than that they were pretty similiar.

One common problem with the 94-95 5.0 is the balancer, it is a two piece design and they like to come apart, A LOT!, other than that I don't know of to many issues with them, as I own one, thats the only real problem i've ever had.

Here's the whole she-bang of differences for enquiring minds...

Engine
    Cast iron GT40 cylinder heads
    Cast aluminum Cobra intake manifold
    Crane 1.7 roller rocker arms
    24lb fuel injectors
    Cobra specific ECU (computer)
    "Cobra" stamped valve covers with build sticker and signature
    Engine oil cooler
    Front mounted power steering fluid cooler
    Lightened flywheel
    Phosphate coated transmission gears
    Overdriven waterpump pulley
    Cobra specific camshaft
    Cam specs: Duration: 227°/Intake & 270°/Exhaust
    Lift: .485/.485 Intake/Exhaust
    Lobe separation: 118.5°

Suspension/Brakes
    13" Front brakes
    11.65" rear brakes
    "Cobra" embossed front brake calipers
    Cobra specific brake booster
    Cobra specific front and rear sway bars
    Cobra specific shocks/struts/springs
    K-member that is slightly stiffer than the GT's
    No strut tower brace

Interior
    Steering wheel center / Airbag cover embossed with "Cobra"
    White faced gauges
    160mph speedometer
    "Cobra" embroidered floor mats

Exterior
    Cobra specific 17" wheels
    Cobra specific rear spoiler with integrated 3rd brake light
    Cobra specific front bumper cover
    SVT emblem on decklid (95-up, not on 94)
    Cobra emblems on front fenders (no 5.0L emblems)
    "Crystal" (clear) headlights
    Round cobra specific round foglights

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^what jeremy said

I use to care then she happend mike90lxII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash
    I still rather have the 94-95 5.0 cobra motor than a 96-98 non-PI 4.6.

96 up cobra has the DOHC so PI makes no difference
    I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win