Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Honda into the 7's....just happened!!!! 7.95@179mph

This is words right from Stephanie herself.....

Yes, it's true, finally a Honda in the 7's (not to mention the first Hot Rod car this year in the 7's)! This was our first "official" 7...
    R/T .096
    60' 1.319
    330 3.510
    1/8 5.215
    MPH 147.01
    1000 6.702
    1/4 7.957
    MPH 179.52

Thanks for all the support.

Stephanie

http://media.putfile.com/eggum795

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

Beeyond Engineering
    nice no doubt...

i'll be happy with a 9sec street honda..hehe!!!
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Is that even a Honda anymore?
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Quote Originally Posted by wikked
    Is that even a Honda anymore?
    Yes, still unibody and a surprisingly very basic setup.

Good god thats quick
    Chadpoleon Simesamite
    www.widsm.org

Damn! That's movin'
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

She's yummy Mmmmmm
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL AWD

Then why isnt everybody doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Gtp
    Lots of people are making the power. The magic is in her chassis setup and that I don't know anything about. But her motor/trans/turbo, anybody could do easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Gtp
    Great question!

Can we get some details on the powerplant and drivetrain? This isn't the 5.0L 4 cylinder custom block, custom everything import I saw in NHRA 2 years ago is it?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Great question!

Can we get some details on the powerplant and drivetrain? This isn't the 5.0L 4 cylinder custom block, custom everything import I saw in NHRA 2 years ago is it?
    No, no, no, guys come on....This is a 1.9 liter factory Honda block....

AEBS Sleeved Block
    84mm Bore
    Stock crank
    Off the shelf CP pistons 9.7:1 compression
    STOCK oilpump
    Golden Eagle head studs
    Golden eagle 84mm headgasket
    GRP Aluminum Rods
    CNC ported GSR Head
    Ferea Valvetrain and Rollerocker setup
    Crane Roller Cams
    Clevite Bearings

GT42R 74mm
    ETHANOL

NO Vtec
    NO nitrous

I believe she is running a Liberty Gear set in her transmission now, but I know for sure up until the end of last year she was running a stock Honda tranny and was running low 8's without any major problems. I believe she only broke 1st gear once and 2nd gear twice, throughout the whole year. She's also running a Tilton carbon/carbon clutch.

See nothing special really. Not a bunch of custom one-off pieces like you probably expected.

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    No offense man but there is nothing basic about that setup.....Unless you mean basically the same as the rest or the pro drag hondas.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Sounds a lot like John Shepherd's.. Race tranny, 2 liter 4 cylinder on alcohol. I'm sure this car is a lot lighter though. Hopefully some of these cars will become more popular in the future, to the point you might see high tech cars racing competitively at GLD instead of nitrous big blocks.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4eclipse
    No offense man but there is nothing basic about that setup.....Unless you mean basically the same as the rest or the pro drag hondas.
    I would have to agree with mike on this one. I was there looking and listening to the thing. Its a front halfed piece of sheet metal that looks like a civic coupe, with a cage in it. Under the 1-piece front end is a cell, a a bunch of bars and a turbo. There wasnt much else. No altinator, water pump, intercooler, radiator, nothing. Going full alky makes some aspects of the setup so much easier. Making it a full drag car just finishes it off.

Not like they didnt have money into that setup with the stacker trailer and freakin semi they were living in. But some stuff just gets easier when you do it that way. If I were to guess, I would say, that is what they meant by simple.

Good looking car though. Sounded great. Its kinda weird to hear something like that at GLD. It really caught me off guard. I had no idea that it was a record holding/breaking setup. Very cool.
    JHRacing.net

Those Who Say It Can't Be Done.... Shouldn't Fu(k With The Guy Who's Doing It!

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4eclipse
    When I said it was very basic setup I was referring to the motor/trans/turbo. These are all off the shelf pieces that anyone can obtain. I'm not saying they are parts that the every day Honda on the street would be running but just about every other drag Honda has more custom engine parts than this. This car does not have the custom one-off pieces that you would assume would be on a car like this. Obviously as I stated before, the magic is in the chassis setup which is another thing altogether. The chassis is obviously very customized and NOT basic, but I was just surprised at how basic her engine setup was. I have seen and been around a lot of pro Honda drag setups and this is one of the most basic I have ever seen.

Hats off to them for their efforts

Beeyond Engineering
    When I said it was very basic setup I was referring to the motor/trans/turbo. These are all off the shelf pieces that anyone can obtain. I'm not saying they are parts that the every day Honda on the street would be running but just about every other drag Honda has more custom engine parts than this. This car does not have the custom one-off pieces that you would assume would be on a car like this. Obviously as I stated before, the magic is in the chassis setup which is another thing altogether. The chassis is obviously very customized and NOT basic, but I was just surprised at how basic her engine setup was. I have seen and been around a lot of pro Honda drag setups and this is one of the most basic I have ever seen.

hehe... that's why hondas are good honrods... i mean hotrods.modern hotrods.. so easy to make them go fast... off the shelf parts and you easily see 11s... just a tad bit and you see high 7s...hehe!!!!
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    hehe... that's why hondas are good honrods... i mean hotrods.modern hotrods.. so easy to make them go fast... off the shelf parts and you easily see 11s... just a tad bit and you see high 7s...hehe!!!!
    You can do that easily with any car........... with enough money.
    If it was that easy all the 15yr olds on HWY would be running around with 11second hondas instead of 16second hondas. =P

"off the shelf" parts are easy to buy when you have a sponsor, or run a shop
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wikked
    You can do that easily with any car........... with enough money.
    If it was that easy all the 15yr olds on HWY would be running around with 11second hondas instead of 16second hondas. =P

"off the shelf" parts are easy to buy when you have a sponsor, or run a shop
    16 second hondas... dems the fast ones.. i think the world has moved on to cavaliers and neons

or evos and sti's...(no offense to anyone who has one and drives it properly)
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Great question!

Wasn't that one rear-drive?
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty