1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar

Hot Rod Mag Camaro Survey

" tell chevy how to build the 09 camaro"

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB225MKNAAHDU

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

I think they need a cooler in the center console, to hold Camoro drivers 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best beer.

That was cool now if they just do some of that stuff

Stock bottom end H/C LT1 404RWHP

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    they need to price it identically to the mustang.

v6@ 20k-24k,Z28 starting @ high 25k-30k SS starting@ 28-33k w/ some Z/28 overlap, then RS avaliable on all v8 cars as maybe a $1500 option, and then of course the Rousch killer, priced slightly lower than the Roush to lite fire under their asses, the SS427

engines being 3.9, 5.3 and 6.0 and 7.0

SC 3.9 having 3.23 gears auto/stick
    Z/28 5.3 having 3.08, 3.42 optional
    SS 6.0 having 3.42, 4.10 optional, as well as "performance package" like the 60's w/ SLP headers in the trunk, shifter in the trunk, etc.
    SS427 having 4.10 standard, w/ the performance package in the trunk too.

if they get a aussie rear end, the 3.42 will become 3.46, and 4.10's become 3.91s
    Last edited by Poncho; 09-15-2006 at 12:28 AM.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Get rid of the "bling bling" hoopty ass, "Chip Foose" 20 inch rims and put something that actually makes sense for a muscle car with some balls. My biggest pet peeve about all these bullshit prototypes, they never end up looking like that anyway, so why do they do it in the first place? [/rant off]
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

They should roll some cool new cars off this Zeta platform thats coming out, a RWD monte and impala, the camaro etc... My monte may have to go for a RWD version... Maybe it will be LS2 powered as well.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Tommy i heard something about the RWD Monte before....

I kno pontiac wants all rwd stuff

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by 01camaroSS
    Tommy i heard something about the RWD Monte before....

I kno pontiac wants all rwd stuff
    If they are still a brand by then.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

hahaha I think they'll stay. GMs not doing as bad as ford.

Guess the next few years will tell

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    It needs attachments for a Flowbee with Mullet cutting guards. As well as a place for a 13' tall whip antenna. The heck with IRS, makes installing air shocks too hard.

I agree on the wheels. 15" Aluminum slotted Mags would be perfect.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    hahaha I think they'll stay. GMs not doing as bad as ford.

Guess the next few years will tell
    i dunno pontiac is really f-ing up.

whats there lineup for 07?

the respectable GXP - but it gets knocked for being FWD, though it's the king of w-bodies. also no manual trans still, after 13 years, lame.

the G6 - Nice but no 6-speed manual on the GTP?? lame

the G5 - Pontiac Cobalt, who cares.

the Vibe - lost the 1.8, now all thats left is the base engine.

the Torrent - neat, but nobody wants to buy one thats an enthusiast.

the Solstice - there saving grace, but it's a low production vehicle anyway, but so was the GTO. can't complain about anything, other than 240hp isn't enough.

i believe thats it too, now?

what they need to fix on the current - GP needs manual & RWD, G6 needs manual on top model and RWD & GXP version, G5 needs it's own sheetmetal and GXP version. Vibe - fix the lack of motors or kill it. I know they can slam a 3.9 in there I'm sure soup it up and bam interesting vibe GXP. Torrent - meh. Solstice? seems to be fine, needs a 6-speed if it doesn't already.

and all cars need a 5-6 speed auto at minimum.

if in three years we have a RWD GP, better looking GTO, and the rest of the lineup is cleaned up, pontiac might have something going on. and if camaro sells like expected, it will cost very little to bring back a firebird, but then they better make sure the GTO is a larger, different car. still able to hold it's own against the f-bodies (they won't be f-bodies anymore, though?)

pontiac can and should be saved, but they need to be part of GM, while being seperate. they need there own identity, not a GM forged identity.
    Last edited by Poncho; 09-15-2006 at 02:01 PM.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Daily driving family sedan Bobby72GTO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeThis
    i dunno pontiac is really f-ing up.

whats there lineup for 07?

the respectable GXP - but it gets knocked for being FWD, though it's the king of w-bodies. also no manual trans still, after 13 years, lame.

the G6 - Nice but no 6-speed manual on the GTP?? lame

the G5 - Pontiac Cobalt, who cares.

the Vibe - lost the 1.8, now all thats left is the base engine.

the Torrent - neat, but nobody wants to buy one thats an enthusiast.

the Solstice - there saving grace, but it's a low production vehicle anyway, but so was the GTO. can't complain about anything, other than 240hp isn't enough.

i believe thats it too, now?

what they need to fix on the current - GP needs manual & RWD, G6 needs manual on top model and RWD & GXP version, G5 needs it's own sheetmetal and GXP version. Vibe - fix the lack of motors or kill it. I know they can slam a 3.9 in there I'm sure soup it up and bam interesting vibe GXP. Torrent - meh. Solstice? seems to be fine, needs a 6-speed if it doesn't already.

and all cars need a 5-6 speed auto at minimum.

if in three years we have a RWD GP, better looking GTO, and the rest of the lineup is cleaned up, pontiac might have something going on. and if camaro sells like expected, it will cost very little to bring back a firebird, but then they better make sure the GTO is a larger, different car. still able to hold it's own against the f-bodies (they won't be f-bodies anymore, though?)

pontiac can and should be saved, but they need to be part of GM, while being seperate. they need there own identity, not a GM forged identity.
    Not that it should matter but the Solstice GXP is putting out 260hp and for a 4 banger that isn't too bad. It keeps up with high price BMW's, and Porches. Not to shabby if you ask me and at a small fraction of the cost. Pontiac did good on that car. I give it: Now they just need to make a coupe version. The one coupe version I saw in a magazine said that the 4 banger was going to be powered up to 325hp. I highly doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by Bobby72GTO; 09-16-2006 at 01:16 AM.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP A6 (Stock daily family sedan)
    2012 Honda Civic EX (Wife's stock daily)

The Solstice blows IMo. You need to be like 5'9" and smaller to drive the stupid thing. With the top down you have only enough room for a 12 pack of soda. The car would have been great for retired people who wanted a fun car to take to the country club or go on a drive up north for the weekend. But unless you want to go alone, you can't fit any luggage or golf clubs in it. The Miata has a bigger trunk. Plus little stupid things GM does, like put the cupholder so that it is behind your right tricep. Who did that make sense to?

The car was soo close to being right. It definetly needed the GXP to, cause the standard did not some quick at all.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

the solstice is gear at oldies but goodies and the sky is aimed at the kids..
    both serve their purpose in gms line up i guess

Wow, I work at a pontiac dealership, and it never really hit me that their line up does suck. We still have 06 GTOs on the lot, however.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

the solstice is gear at oldies but goodies and the sky is aimed at the kids..
    both serve their purpose in gms line up i guess
    It's geared at old people, yet it offers nothing an old person wants. It's a PITA to get in and out of and it has zero storage space. Heck even to get groceries you'd need the top up, or no passenger. That's ridiculous.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I ment like 40 year oldish people who just want something sporty.. not like really old people. I can say i have seen quiet a few solstices running around.