Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTF...bent SFC and broken tq arm mount?!?!?!?

Anyone ever hear of this on an fbody?

About 2 weeks ago I began noticing a knocking sound under the car but it was faint and hoped it was just in my head. The other day, it got loud and would vibrate through my center console. I avoided driving it until I had to and this time it was bad! I finally threw the ***** up and looked underneith and found a bolt wedged in my gload brace. I spent awhile on my back searching for this bolt to find out that the clamshell on the tranny output side had been mangled up and the bolt had torn out of the hole and took the threads out with it. So now what the hell do I do Oh yeah, that doesnt include the bent da phuck up sfc. driver side is perfect but the pass side bent up about 1.5"
    Last edited by Yooformula; 09-01-2006 at 11:11 PM.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

junk mx6 no rly
    pics?

had just typed pics?but said message was to short so i typed this and now hopefully its long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 496ws6
    pics?

had just typed pics?but said message was to short so i typed this and now hopefully its long enough.
    too tired to take pics after funking with it for hours.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Dam that sucks yoo.

Get some pics

Carnage =
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Wow...sounds pretty crazy!!

Need pics!!

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    From what I hear, broken torque arm mounts are somewhat common. I have no idea about the SFC....... Did you run over something?

might have run over a mustang or something?
    2007 brilliant black Chrysler 300C SRT8

i broke 2 torque arms. twisted and snapped. common fbody problem from what i read......... sfc- im clueless unless it was installed wrong
    David L.
    2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Camaro - Yeah it still broken
    1993 CR-X del Sol Si -the stock 35+MPG Daily Driver
    if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?

www.ProjectCamaro.com
    www.KieperRacing.com
    www.JMRemodelingwi.com

off topic, but PHD are those mille miglia's(sp)?
    2007 brilliant black Chrysler 300C SRT8

yes sir...
    David L.
    2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Camaro - Yeah it still broken
    1993 CR-X del Sol Si -the stock 35+MPG Daily Driver
    if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?

www.ProjectCamaro.com
    www.KieperRacing.com
    www.JMRemodelingwi.com

Do you have a tunnel brace mount torque arm? Or is a stock one that mounts at the tranny yet? sorry if i missed it somwhere if you said.

I can see the TA busting, i cracked my stock one at the rear, but for a SFC to get bent up, either it was being jacked up on or lifted from or something, If you ran something over that would mangle that, id hate to see the floor pans! So if you had it serviced by some place that had to lift it, id bet thats where it happend.

Just like 90% of Camaro's i see around have the bottom of the fender pushed out, because someone was careless when lifting it and smooshed that lower fender mount lip, thus bowing the fender out.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Stock one that mounts to the tranny. The upper bolt tore the threads out of the hole and bent the brackets up to poo not to mention punched a hole in the upper floor boards...

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    Stock one that mounts to the tranny. The upper bolt tore the threads out of the hole and bent the brackets up to poo not to mention punched a hole in the upper floor boards...

Insurance? Would have to ask Keith, but floor pans in these cars looks like a royal PITA to have to change. Could be a borderline total due to structural damage if you ask me... But dont quote me.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    Insurance? Would have to ask Keith, but floor pans in these cars looks like a royal PITA to have to change. Could be a borderline total due to structural damage if you ask me... But dont quote me.

Insurance would only cover it if something hit it and broke it, they won't cover parts that just broke on there own.

I've got a freind that could help you out, either fix whats there or build new mounts, I'm sure he could take care of the SFC also, send me a PM if you want his number.
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Senior Member..now yer posting! madmike's Avatar
    that happens after the car has been in a rear end collision! I mean like after it has been fixed and your driving it like within a year or so. Did you also have drive shaft and or transmission problems too?
    madmike

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    that happens after the car has been in a rear end collision! I mean like after it has been fixed and your driving it like within a year or so. Did you also have drive shaft and or transmission problems too?

I need a explanation on this one......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Nope, this car has NEVER been hit. It has torn about 6 tranny mounts and 1 tq arm mount before I finally went to the poly mounts. It has had numerous trannys and clutches replaced so I am sure at some point, bolts were overtightened. Teh sfc is about 6 years old and I usually jack at different points under the car but its really weird because the pass side is perfect. But then again its all BMR stuff so from what I read, I should have expected thier poo to fail at some point.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Just like 90% of Camaro's i see around have the bottom of the fender pushed out, because someone was careless when lifting it and smooshed that lower fender mount lip, thus bowing the fender out.
    not trying to thred jack but is thier a way to fix this?? mine is like that and the only place ive been with it is the dealer for oil changes.

Its happened to mine before as well. You gott get a big wrench and pull the tab back under the fender.

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0
    not trying to thred jack but is thier a way to fix this?? mine is like that and the only place ive been with it is the dealer for oil changes.
    Yup......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk