Senior Member..now yer posting! Kory 88Iroc lt1's Avatar

estimated price of a 6 liter lq4 or lq9

Last weekend I had someone make an offer on my lt1. This got me thinking about doing a lq4/lq9 swap to replace the current motor. If I would decide to do this, what would I expect to pay for a low mileage 6 liter motor with acessories and wiring/computer? Are there any local sources for this?
    Thanks for the info.
    Kory
    88 Iroc 94 lt1 Ai dominator heads,cam ported intake, 1.6 promag rrs,homebuilt equal length long tube headers, hooker catback, cutout, csi wp,t56, hurst shifter,street twin, ls1 brakes all around. homebuilt 8.8 rear with 4:10 fms gears. 12.74@111 350 rwhp/360rwtq New times and dyno numbers to come.

I build custom subframe connectors/headers

Vintage Racer
    Well I can tell you right now it'll be cheaper than a low mileage LS1 since and LS! block brand new is $1,000, the LQ9 iron block brand new is $658. I haven't researched it too much since I'm only after the block but since the block is $400 cheaper I can't imagine the rest of the parts totalling more than a crate LS1. Hope that helped.

Check out www.gmpartsdirect.com that where i found that.
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

I have a whole LS1 out of a corvette if you are interested, It needs sensors, a crank, oil pan, and a damper. Other than that you get the block, heads, pistons, rods, cam, ect.

$900
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Vintage Racer
    If you go with that i have a factory damper and some sensors from the LS1 in my garage. I would have a crank for you but it spun a bearing and is fuctionally useless unless it's machineable
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    it all depends on mileage. the LQ4 and LQ9 are pretty much the same thing sans compression if memory serves me right, but if you are looking to do forged pistons, no point in looking for one or the other.

Brad's price is really reasonable for that engine.

Figure about $1000 for a stock long block, + or - a hundred or two depending on what is done to it and mileage.

Thanks for the offer Brad,
    As of right now I'm looking at the lq4/9 because of the 4" bore. I plan on using L92 top end parts. I talked to Mccloed and they can make me a custom flywheel so I can keep my street twin and lt1 t56.
    Are there any local sources for the truck engines? It would be nice not to have to ship one.
    Thanks for the replys.
    Kory
    88 Iroc 94 lt1 Ai dominator heads,cam ported intake, 1.6 promag rrs,homebuilt equal length long tube headers, hooker catback, cutout, csi wp,t56, hurst shifter,street twin, ls1 brakes all around. homebuilt 8.8 rear with 4:10 fms gears. 12.74@111 350 rwhp/360rwtq New times and dyno numbers to come.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    normally you'll see one popping up on ls1tech out of IL

otherwise you can try B&M Auto, or any of the other salvage yards, but then it becomes shitty because i think their prices are even more expensive

I'll have to keep an eye on ls1 tech. I've been wanting to check out that new salvage yard in Illinois called pick n pull. I wonder if they have anything?
    Thanks Chris.
    Kory

America... **** YEAH! Knyghtmare's Avatar
    Hahaha. I knew you couldnt resist Kory!
    -Tyler

Don't drink and Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89
    I just hope you don't want a Knyghtmare in your street dreams
    1991 Camaro, LS1 Powered -- 2000 Silverado 1500

Ya what are you going to do. I've been thinking about it for a while. The talk with mcloed about the custom flywheel, then the l92 heads being cheap are what really made up my mind. Now I just need to find a motor.
    Kory

Kory,
    Try B&M Auto parts in Waukesha. They're right on 164 and Racine.They specialize in complete late model engines out of crashed/ salvaged vehicles and the prices are usually fairly reasonable. If they dont have it thry could probably get it, too, I'm guessing.

Hope this helps

Gino

Thanks Gino,
    I'll give them a call.
    Kory