Beeyond Engineering

06-07 GMC Duramax

is carbon still in here..

can the new duramax in a 2500 body do mid 13s with just a chip upgrade with all the bolt on's...........

hummmmmmmmmmm..... i might get it.... say wouldn't the duramax be an import.. since it's engineered/designed by isuzu....

hmmm now i'm really going to get it.....
    Last edited by Bee; 08-10-2006 at 01:57 PM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

52isntbigenough
    If it has the Allison tranny, I doubt it. Torque, not speed.

hrm, accept for all the Duramax trucks with the Allisons runnin such times.... exhaust, tuning, you're pretty much there
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 52isntbigenough
    If it has the Allison tranny, I doubt it. Torque, not speed.
    What ever you say "sir"
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

52isntbigenough
    My buddy has an 06 with a hyper chip and can't get 14. How much do you need to invest to get a 13's truck?

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by 52isntbigenough
    My buddy has an 06 with a hyper chip and can't get 14. How much do you need to invest to get a 13's truck?

no way dude..... my 04 cummins 3500 can hit near 14s or maybe 14s for sure.... i've run stock 2003 accord V6's and beat or hung with them to 100mph. i figure a hard launch i can probably dip at least 15.0s...hehe!!!
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Are you talking about a "Hypertech Hyper chip" or one from one of the duramax specific tuners/programmers? If it's from "Hypertech" then that's your answer right there

The hypertech chip is designed with a stock trans in mind. They are tuned for more power but not to the point that the trans would let go. If you are looking for enough power to get in to the 13's you would need something like the "edge" tuner or similar. You are going to have to probably get a better torque convertor, and a bigger lift pump (fuel pump). You should be able to hit 13's then.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    also, hypertech is a decent programmer, but its false advertising in a way. to get its true potential and advertised power, you really need to open up the intake and exhaust to let it breathe better. a chip alone is not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

An 06 LBZ with the 6 speed Allison will dyno at 300 rwhp right off the showroom floor. Carbon04 just purchased a 07 model LBZ.

Anyway...a transgo jr shift kit for about $250 and a Bully Dog or PPE programer set on KILL should get a LBZ in the 13's no prob.

Getting in the 12's is more expensive....and I'll let ya know how much 11's cost by the end of the year!
    05 Duramax Diesel

WWW.TURBODMAX.COM

11.8@118+