Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your first truck

I was looking through some pics yesterday of my first truck, and it kind of got me thinking...what was everyones first truck, and how long did they have it for......

Mine:1984 chevy s-10 extended cab 4x4 5 speed.....rusty, had a "built" 2.8 (bored over, pistons, crank, cam, headers, exhaust). Paid 200 bucks for it....had it for a week when the rear axle blew out of it...I mean it came clean out of the axle housing on my way to work...I ended up selling the truck for 75 bucks and the new tires off of it for 150. Bought an 88 s-10 4 cyl, and that was a fun truck too........I want another truck..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I had a 2000 ranger 4x2 with the off road 4x4 suspension. It was ok. I traded it 1.5 years later.

68RR440
    My first truck was a 87 S-10 that was rusted to shit, I paid $300 for it, drove it until the water pump went, then sold it to a kid down the street for $400...
    The only other truck I ever had was a 1959 Ford 1/2 ton...

The 88 that I had I blew out the throw out bearing on the clutch, trying to do an emergency slowdown/switch lanes move after I crested a hill at 65 because some jag parked their car in the middle of the road.....sold it back to my buddy for what cash I paid for it (traided him a sunturd and 200 bucks) and he turned around and sold it to him for 400, with the bad clutch.

'83 Ford Ranger 2wd Reg Cab Long Box... 2.0L I4 (Carb'd) M5 Trans... Great truck, hauled everything I threw at it... Then I decided to take it "off-roading", which I did well for what it was (it made it through some non-mud). It had bald tires and such... Then I let a friend take it off-roading and he bent a rod... Needless to say that was the end of that one. But I paid $500 for it, and drove it for a year. I cleaned it up and it made a great little truck, even got like 22mpg once I got all the crap cleaned out of the carb. Bought it at Al's on 124th St. All I had done to it was oil changes, put gas in it, 2 used tires, and fabricated up some gas tank straps...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    mine was a 93 s10 that I got from my grandfather when he passed away. The truck was mint because he had parkinson's so he couldnt drive it for a long time. It had the 4.3 in it and that thing flew. It was my first vehicle all together. Then I sold it to my aunt's boyfriend and now i have my silverado.
    1968 Camaro 383

Rex Kramer - Thrill Seeker

Another S-10 owner here. First vehicle was a custom '82 S-10 with a V-8 conversion. Bought it for $1500, drove it for a while, then was offered $1800, so I sold it.
    '73 Datsun 240GNZ (Buick Grand National engine)
    '98 Superhawk 996 V-Twin
    '02 S-10 Crew Cab
    Superhawk Chopper (Build in progress)

91 toyota pickup..4x4 and was the most dependable vehicle eva!!!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

"truck" a 94 S-10 Blazer...
    actual truck, 92 Nissan Hardbody.... a jacked up 5spd, was a pile
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Still own my first truck. Havent had a single problem with it since I bought it 2 years ago.

'02 S-10 ZR-2

Wow looks like the same truck that got repoed from my friend....however his grill was painted...who ever got that truck got one with 45k on it but with a brand new engine, trans, and transfer case, all replaced by warrenty

^life project^

My first truck "SLO RYDR"
    96' base model that I tried to make look better.
    Ended up cutting my loses with how much I put into it.
    Now Im even further in the slonoma
    97 GMC Sonoma - 5.3L - T56 forever in pieces
    04 Buick Lesabre - geriatric edition
    93 Yamaha FZR 600 - 1000 rear wheel swap
    74 honda CB450 - cafe cruiser

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    My baby:

Still have her btw and she's forsale w/o an engine
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

79 F150 2WD Reg Cab Stepside. 302 2bbl 4speed with 2 inch straight pipes out back. That thing rapped like hell!

1990 Ford Ranger 4x2 4.0 v6....... just got rid of it monday.... 200k havent changed the oil since july 05... and it still ran like a champ
    David L.
    2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Camaro - Yeah it still broken
    1993 CR-X del Sol Si -the stock 35+MPG Daily Driver
    if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?

www.ProjectCamaro.com
    www.KieperRacing.com
    www.JMRemodelingwi.com

Senior Member..now yer posting! pnad's Avatar
    My first vehicle was a 1972 C-10 Custom Deluxe. Bought for $1100. Sold it 2 years later for $1500. I will try to dig up a pic, but this was 1991 - LONG before digital cameras were around.

Nan, didn't I tell you to call me so I could come look at that thing...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Senior Member..now yer posting! pnad's Avatar
    I thought I had a pic on a server somewhere

BCM Cruiser
    '86 S-10 long box, 2 WD, 2.8, auto, a few other options. Red with charcoal interior. First new vehicle I ever owned. Drove it for six years, traded it in on a '91 Silverado, which I drove for nine years, then sold to my Dad after my '01 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE came in. My Dad's still driving the Silverado, so two of my trucks are still in the family.

mine was a 73 chevy c 10 this truck was a total of 14 differtent colors all of them ugly. I bought this truck for 300 dollars and drove it through 3 years. Never had a problem. It had the original 350 with a 2bbl carb. It was a great truck I ended up selling it for 700 after putting 30000 miles on it with doing no more than oil changes and r.r. tire replacements(alot of R.r. tires?)