Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Import wars #4

i ended up going to the Hot import nights shindig, and man was it hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

BCM Cruiser
    my best was a 15.1

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    whats your set up? b16

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehatch
    whats your set up? b16

LOL, i dont have a honda. I have a WRX. To some my times are slow, but with the heat i didnt think so. I know that I can run a 14.5. I had this guy last nite after one of my runs telling asking me how i could only run a 15.1 yaddi yaddi yada. I bet track temp was atleast 110.

and to my setup, 100% stock. lol.

my bad 15.1 is kind of slow,but considering track temps its ok i guess, i ran a 14.1 with my wrx when it had just a friont mount and a catted 3 inch exhaust, but that was long ago, i just picked up my wideband from beeyond on friday so tunning is very soon. btw are you going to start modding soon i have a few parts sitting around, and id like to buy your stock airbox and dp i need to pass emisions and inspection

id like to buy your stock airbox and dp i need to pass emisions and inspection

Where do you live that you need the stock airbox. When I had emissions testing before all they did was plug the OBDII in? I realize that if you have no tuning you should have a CEL....unless you have the mechanical O2 fix (has a good track record).

Rick

i went to the emisions station behind quad graphics in west allis, i passed emessions but failed the inspection because i didnt have a stock airbox, it wouldntt fit due to intercooler piping so i shot it out. Not thinking they would fail me just for that, so i need to find another one to somehow modify to fit.

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1loudrex
    I bet track temp was atleast 110. lol.

I was actually datalogging track temps between 112-122degrees (day) ambient with high humidity.

4 of 6 passes of mine were good. 1 redlight (eliminations), and 1 mis-shift.

11.01 @ 130.

4 passes were between 11.0 and 11.1 in a row.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69
    I was actually datalogging track temps between 112-122degrees (day) ambient with high humidity.

4 of 6 passes of mine were good. 1 redlight (eliminations), and 1 mis-shift.

11.01 @ 130.

4 passes were between 11.0 and 11.1 in a row.

nice tim.. on a typical 80 degree day 10's all day...
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Beeyond Engineering
    we'll be out next event with a couple high 11sec cars for kicks!!!
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

BCM Cruiser
    my bad 15.1 is kind of slow,but considering track temps its ok i guess, i ran a 14.1 with my wrx when it had just a friont mount and a catted 3 inch exhaust, but that was long ago, i just picked up my wideband from beeyond on friday so tunning is very soon. btw are you going to start modding soon i have a few parts sitting around, and id like to buy your stock airbox and dp i need to pass emisions and inspection

I ran a 14.5 completely stock a few weeks ago, so im not to worried. I just bought a Perrin uppipe the other day so modding as begun so dont worry its not slow. Im hopin for low 14's once i get the cat out of the uppipe, than ill be right behind ya. haha
    Last edited by 1loudrex; 07-31-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting! tommyt5078's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1loudrex
    I ran a 14.5 completely stock a few weeks ago, so im not to worried. I just bought a Perrin uppipe the other day so modding as begun so dont worry its not slow. Im hopin for low 14's once i get the cat out of the uppipe, than ill be right behind ya. haha
    My 02' stock wagon ran 14.3...........

Quote Originally Posted by tommyt5078
    My 02' stock wagon ran 14.3...........
    Really, my bother has an '02 wagon and was a full second slower
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

I've found that the word "stock" has more definitions than anything other word in drag racing.. 2nd place would be "street car" of course.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    I've found that the word "stock" has more definitions than anything other word in drag racing.. 2nd place would be "street car" of course.
    AMEN!! how many times have you heard "my car is stock except for a intake and exhaust or ya its stock with a boost controler and hollowed out cat.

stock is 100% factory original!. no K&N filter, no BFG drag radials, no map clamp no nothing! nada, zip, zilch.

ok its almost stock street car(just for 3 things pistons,injectors and turbo kit o what category does it put me in?
    Last edited by micro_machine; 09-16-2006 at 06:40 PM.
    Not Fast and Furious enough........