Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Import wars #4

Import wars #4

Anyone going?

Im thinking about running my lilo civic trying to get it into 10s maybe 10.80 or 10.90s ill be happy. But see all you guys there.
    Not Fast and Furious enough........

when is it? this sunday? or next? i have to make it out to this one, i haven't made it to a single import war yet this year!!
    oh, btw- what kind of set-up are you running?
    Last edited by Flicktitty; 07-18-2006 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    I will be there. I look forward to seeing your hatch, good luck with hitting 10s! I am also looking to break that barrier in my car.

Hopefully good weather is on our side this time!

The race is on Saturday, July 29th. 3pm to 11pm
    See you all there!
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty
    when is it? this sunday? or next? i have to make it out to this one, i haven't made it to a single import war yet this year!!
    oh, btw- what kind of set-up are you running?

1993 Civic Hatchback
    B16a swap with stage4 clutch kit (j.e. pistons no rods stock head as well).
    Beeyond Eng. Turbo Kit
    RC 750cc Injectors
    24.5x8x13 M/T & Lenso
    Beeyond Eng. Tuning
    Crome EFI

BTW-This car was the 2 week setup Bee and us put together.
    Not Fast and Furious enough........

Cool, man nice to see them B16's starting to go big, i've never been a overly big honda guy i've alway's just known enough to were i could talk honda if i need to. And it seems when someone want's 10's they go B18,H22,K20 and what not. I can't believe it is on a SATURDAY!!! AWESOME!!! i will be there!!! i hate getting up early on sunday's to go to import wars.

***EDIT*** = Satuday July 29th is also the Hot Import Night's Night Shift in Chicago...... hmmmm choices.....
    Last edited by Flicktitty; 07-19-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by micro_machine
    Anyone going?

Im thinking about running my lilo civic trying to get it into 10s maybe 10.80 or 10.90s ill be happy. But see all you guys there.

hey micro, i don't know about pushing those STOCK sleeves and rods to the limit again. if you want we can push 25-26psi again, but run more conservative on timing and fuel....hehe not that we already are.... i can do a few more adjustment only on your call... give me and i'll do it!!!

10sec no promises on a NEAR STOCK setup!!! get that b16 beefed up a bit more and we can easily do 10sec passes!!!
    Last edited by Bee; 07-19-2006 at 06:23 PM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Beeyond Engineering
    Cool, man nice to see them B16's starting to go big, i've never been a overly big honda guy i've alway's just known enough to were i could talk honda if i need to. And it seems when someone want's 10's they go B18,H22,K20 and what not. I can't believe it is on a SATURDAY!!! AWESOME!!! i will be there!!! i hate getting up early on sunday's to go to import wars.

***EDIT*** = Satuday July 29th is also the Hot Import Night's Night Shift in Chicago...... hmmmm choices.....

Yeah we actually choose the b16 powerplant since it's actually the smallest of the everso popular B-series Honda family. kInda of a way to prove a point!!! smaller isn't always slower!!!

i love it! I hate those that think bigger is better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    Yeah we actually choose the b16 powerplant since it's actually the smallest of the everso popular B-series Honda family. kInda of a way to prove a point!!! smaller isn't always slower!!!

i love it! I hate those that think bigger is better!
    Um, bigger IS better.
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett
    Um, bigger IS better.
    hehe!!!

aren't you 1.3L turbogarrett.... I'm doing a 1575cc turbo engine... downsizing and revving the piss out of it with a short geared tranny.... 11-11.5K rpms

Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    hehe!!!

aren't you 1.3L turbogarrett.... I'm doing a 1575cc turbo engine... downsizing and revving the piss out of it with a short geared tranny.... 11-11.5K rpms
    no, he put a LS1 in the car last i knew

Yes, Mr. tittyflicker . The car was no slouch when I had the rotary either - 115 mph traps @ 12 psi, 93 oct, home ported stock twins - just not reliable enough for me. 2 engines, 3 trannies, 2 clutches all in 2 years time - 14k miles. The car has been trouble free for 2 years now, since swapping in the detroit aluminum. When you build a fast car, let us know, until then take the and......
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Yes, Mr. tittyflicker . The car was no slouch when I had the rotary either - 115 mph traps @ 12 psi, 93 oct, home ported stock twins - just not reliable enough for me. 2 engines, 3 trannies, 2 clutches all in 2 years time - 14k miles. The car has been trouble free for 2 years now, since swapping in the detroit aluminum. When you build a fast car, let us know, until then take the and......
    hey it's MY OPINION in which i am entitled to. I don't believe that hole BS about not reliable i know of a few friends that have had Rx-7's that last for a good amount of time, the one is going on 6 years or something like that. But then again he spent good money when he rebuilt the motor, and he went to a major rx-7 shop. I PERSONALLY would NEVER put anymotor in a FD, and if i did have that thought cross my mind i would do a 2J. sorry, just my opinion.

Yeah a 2jz would be cool, but are hard to come by,big $$, don't fit all that well in the fd and actually weigh more than the lsx. I'll give you a ride in the car sometime, maybe you'll change your mind....
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Yeah a 2jz would be cool, but are hard to come by,big $$, don't fit all that well in the fd and actually weigh more than the lsx. I'll give you a ride in the car sometime, maybe you'll change your mind....
    Sound's good to me, i'm always willing to let everyone know when i'm wrong, i have yet to be in a LS1'd FD been in a few Rotory FD's so this could be fun.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i hope we finally get to see a 10 sec STREET honda in wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by whitehatch
    i hope we finally get to see a 10 sec STREET honda in wisconsin
    i'm sure there is one somewhere floating around.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i'm sure there is one somewhere floating around.
    not that i know of, the closest I've seen is that blue hatch from beeyond's 11.1 and that was 2 years ago almost

What, well apparently a guy I went to school with knows someone with a nine sec Honda -bullsh**-. They just live on the other side of town and never come out, "apparently" .
    It always seams to be that guy or my friend knows a guy with that nine sec -_________- <--- (place car name their) car that never comes out.
    Chadpoleon Simesamite
    www.widsm.org

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwich
    What, well apparently a guy I went to school with knows someone with a nine sec Honda -bullsh**-. They just live on the other side of town and never come out, "apparently" .
    It always seams to be that guy or my friend knows a guy with that nine sec -_________- <--- (place car name their) car that never comes out.
    yeah people talk so much ... hehe!!!