Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rx-8t

Am I the only turbo'd RX-8??

As far as wisconsin goes, that is.

i havent heard of or seen any others in WI. id really like to get face to face feedback on other guys who have set fire to their mazda warrany booklets.

if anyone has ANY info for me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like a cool setup, lets see some pics. Have you run it yet? Anyd dyno numbers?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Beeyond Engineering
    nice dude.. pixs..
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

I set fire to my mazda warranty booklet a long time ago

Sounds like a cool car, you should be fine with only 6 psi. Gonna port the motor?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

sound's pretty bad ass, you might be the only one, but who know's there are alot of "show cars" in Wisconsin too that might have a turbo kit on there car. But as far as Illinois goes. I am certain there are a few. there should be RX-8 Forums out there somewhere. or maybe even the RX-7 forumns would let you in on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I didn't even know they came out with a kit for it. We need pics.

rx-8t
    yeah, i am on the rx8 forums and no one there has a turbo kit and lives in WI
    pics are coming soon guys

unfortunatley, i havent dyno'ed or taken it to the track yet cuz its been back in the shop, (i hit gravel coming around a turn, you know the rest)
    but from what ive seen on the rx8 forums, my car with this setup has about 250-260whp and runs a 13.6 optimum.
    Last edited by rx-8t; 07-02-2006 at 03:17 AM.

all that work for a 13.6...... waste
    APU Talon

Printer *****
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeJeske
    all that work for a 13.6...... waste

Maybe dude's not trying to have just a fast 1/4 mile car?
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera99GS
    Maybe dude's not trying to have just a fast 1/4 mile car?
    i dont mean to come off as a **** but ,then why would you put a turbo in it?
    APU Talon

rx-8t
    because i like driving a good looking, good hadling, quick car, it's as simple as that. i know im not going to compete with a lot of the other turbos and v8's out there, i'm just making my car what i want it to be.

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-8t
    because i like driving a good looking, good hadling, quick car, it's as simple as that. i know im not going to compete with a lot of the other turbos and v8's out there, i'm just making my car what i want it to be.
    and thats the whole point of modifying a car. To YOUR liking, not to everyone elses. My 3g eclipse when i had it was quick with the mods that I had but it was also had a body kit, custom paint and a bunch of other things. I loved the car the way it was and that was my choice not anyone elses. Leave the guy alone as to how fast his car is. It seems that most people, im not saying everyone, but the first thing that always say is what you run in the quarter? My wrx isnt going to be setup for the quarter mile, its gonna be an all around setup for autox and maybe some drags. You may be able to beat me in the 1/4 mile, but i will kick your ass in autox. And he is only running 6lbs of boost. That isnt anything compared to some other cars. My wrx is running stock boost which is around 10 to 13 lbs of boost and i can only get a mid to low 14.

Printer *****
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-8t

Good for you! A mid 13 second car doesn't exactly suck.
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those mid 13 seconds or less.... j/k

sounds nice and unique...want to see the pics:
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

rx-8t
    here are some pics, the second is halfway through the turbo install, and the third shows the intercooler hiding behind the front bumper (dont worry, i gets plllllenty of air) i kind of like it there too, it has the whole sneaky pete vibe goin on, and the fourth is the turbo itself, tucked under the area of the passenger's feet (cute little guy ain't it)

from your sig:
    13b wankel + boost = cold sweats whenever something seems amiss
    your not refering to your motor are you? Is the Renesis still called the 13b??? I dont think thats right.

Ohh nice car btw
    after doing DP, MP, Apex'i N1 catback, ACT Extreme clutch ZX3-XT00, SS Clutch line, PowerFC, Magnecor 10mm wires, and Ported WG I managed to pull off a 13.2 at 108 on junk tires. 2.2 to 2.4 60'
    I know 12's were possible, I was trying to learn how to launch a manual for the first time on a clutch that wasnt even broken in.

But I agree, RX7's aren't primarily for dragging.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

if he wasnt goin for a drag car then why woul dhe bother posting what it should be "good" for 13.6, go get some numbers, dont guess. And no, ive heard and know of 3 other turbo'd RX-8's
    Last edited by carkid0101; 07-02-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Used to drive an evo and had to fix it. Now drives an 07 Trailblazer SS and has Check Air Bag Lights. Cars disgust me.

400whp V5 Gtrim ripped2keclipse's Avatar
    sweet car man
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Vortech'd Built Motor Shootin for 400whp

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4"Suspension Lift 31x10.5

1997 Gsxr 750 130whp

rx-8t
    yeah, it's still the 13b. dont know why, but it is.
    hey carkid, are they in the area?
    also, people were asking and i just gave them and estimate so they have an idea where my car is at, i'll be geting numbers as soon as i get it back.
    Last edited by rx-8t; 07-02-2006 at 10:40 PM.