Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    damn that sucks man, I guess I never realy thought of things like this happening so often in the muscle car world, it copuld have bee worse i guess, when my friends integra got stolen it was found cut into 4 peices. btw there is a big boom in car theft in the past 2 weeks or so a lot of well known hondas are getting taken locally it kind of sad really, everyday it seems i check honda-tech and there is another stolen car post.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    so wheres more details? Where was the car recovered? What other parts did you get back? Did they catch the douche bags yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

****.... i really like gn's.. and i looked at this one its a super nice car.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

68RR440
    Extra parts, might be worth checking into...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/178651636.html

I'm also curious, where was it found? Also what parts were found?

There is a GN or blacked out TR for sale on 70th and National about, appears it has t-tops, etc....not that its a link to the parts but who knows.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I dont think it matters much where it was; besides, likely details cannot be shared if its an ongoing investigation. I'm very glad for him that it sounds like pieces are coming back together.
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

True, but wherever the car was found is most likely very near by where it was stripped apart...mostly curious if it was found in the typical *hood* or the off-chance maybe somewhere in the 'burbs. The fact it was picked up at the NB PD makes it appear it was recovered in NB, maybe I'm wrong . Playing investigator can be fun...perhaps I should become an officer .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I will give details when i am allowed I just can't say anything right now. Sorry

From what I hear from a friend that works dispatch at WAPD, there's been a lot of thefts/attempted thefts all over Milwaukee. Glad to hear you got it back, even in it's sad form.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Hang on, Im working on the car ffvetteman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS
    I think they took the parts for a specific car, hence leaving one door and one fender...sure the hot air motor isn't a world beater but its probably alot better than whatever engine the recepient car had. Of course being for parts is another good explanation...

My only experience with the NB PD wasn't a good one, got pulled over last summer in my LS after dropping a friend of mine off at night at his apartment on Moorland road. Apparently there were a few car break-ins recently at this complex so they were patroling, understandable. The attitude one of the officers had toward me left alot to be desired, pretty much accusing myself of being a thief with comments like *we won't have any break-ins tonight then, will we?* before letting me go....total douchebag. I should of asked for his name/badge number or whatever to report but surely nothing would of happened anyway. Because I'm driving an older Monte and looked like trash being in my softball clothes(cut off sleeves, etc.) I guess I must of been the guy . That said, having friends and family who were/are officers, I always give them the benefit of the doubt and commend them on their job, I know its not an easy one for the most part. Guess I got a bad apple.

It sucks that you got jacked up, but dont take it personally. Im not trying to defend the cops, but i think of it like this, if there were break ins in the area, I would want the cops in the area checking on people. I would not mind being stopped and questioned on what I was doing there if I knew they were trying to keep unwanted people out of the area. I would be pissed off if my car got broke into and would rather have them there jacking me up.

I hate to say they were doing their job, but you gotta know they dont know you from a criminal. They prob gave attitute to show they were not f-ing around, if you were the criminal. If they did jack up the criminal, they may think twice about comming back knowing that the cops area watching the area.

Dont take it personally, most cops are good and out to help you when you need it.

I am curious to see what happens with this recovered GN. Glad you got it back. I can understand not talking, let them get the info and hopfully the jag offs who did this.

I can wait for the info.
    "Anecdotal discussion of coincidentally simultaneous extreme applications of the throttle will not be tolerated!" -CentralCoaster

It sucks that you got jacked up, but dont take it personally. Im not trying to defend the cops, but i think of it like this, if there were break ins in the area, I would want the cops in the area checking on people. I would not mind being stopped and questioned on what I was doing there if I knew they were trying to keep unwanted people out of the area. I would be pissed off if my car got broke into and would rather have them there jacking me up.
    As I stated before, I don't mind getting pulled over at all in that situation. I also understand what its like to have my car broken into and am glad they would patrol the area, do whats neccessary, etc. But after running my license, telling them I dropped off my friend who lives right there, gave his name and seeing that the only thing on my record would include a parking ticket and a speeding ticket, that should be a sign I'm not some thug, I'd think. Its not like I was wearing dark clothes and carrying tools on me. I'm guessing because of my car and the fact I was dressed in my softball clothes which appear white trashy-like, they assumed I was their guy. Granted it was relatively late too which compounded it all . But whatev.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    any update to the car?
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

rocket350olds
    damn that sucks, was that car really fast or just a stock gn, because i saw a gn for sale over son the north side!!