Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    here is what i got back. i will take 1500 for it it is super solid and vary straight. would make an awesome drag car.
    Last edited by Sleeper Sierra; 07-25-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Man that sucks so bad to hear about this. I dont know if its good or bad that they found it since you had no insurance.

68RR440
    The top of the steering column looks all chewed up, what the hell where they doing? Amatuer looking theft job, but they knew what they wanted when they stripped it, and they did it in one day, right?
    Thats a real sad sight. My condolances.
    Where excactly did they find it?

That really sucksa, I dont know why they would take a hot air gn.

68RR440
    Quote Originally Posted by 80maliwagn
    What

OMG those pictures hurt! Do they even check for fingerprints when it comes to this?

Looks like someone will be showing off their freshly rebuilt GN around the town. I dont even know how I would react if I saw that.....no wait, I know what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    OMG those pictures hurt!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!! I think I'd still be taking the crying game shower right now if that were my car. Man, I'm really sorry!!!

1991 Z/28
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    2006 Impala

Those wheels on the front look familar

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Damn...those are some sad pictures.

Pretty horrible. I'm also curious where it was dumped....

Those front wheels borrowed or put on the car? If they put them on it appears like quite a g-body chop shop they have going...by only the passenger side door and fender taken I'd guess all the parts are meant for one particular Regal/GN. They swap out the rear end and/or leave the EFI gas tank too? F-ing morons. Good chance they are aware of this thread too and have been paying attention for all we know.

For something twisted to do, put it back for sale in your yard where it was parked and a big sign saying *come get the rest*...not like it will do anything..

Also curious how the NB PD handled it, considering there probably aren't many thefts at all in the city.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Rex Kramer - Thrill Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by 80maliwagn
    I'm with this guy. The hot air GN drivetrains aren't worth very much. That really sucks that this happened to you, but why woud they steal and strip this car, besides gaining a few body parts? Doesn't make much sense at all. Then again we're dealing with F'ing morons here.
    '73 Datsun 240GNZ (Buick Grand National engine)
    '98 Superhawk 996 V-Twin
    '02 S-10 Crew Cab
    Superhawk Chopper (Build in progress)

Go to a junkyard and see the g-bodies that are commonly stolen and stripped...even if the parts aren't super valuable, if its better than the slapdicks that are stealing the cars have on their own or their friends cars....they'll take them. Of course it could be a chop shop too, who knows. The people might not of even known the difference between a hot-air and IC setup until they opened the hood on this one either.

I got my 8.5" rear off a 87' GN that was a theft/strip I found at Al's in Franklin, about the only thing they left of value was the rear, also the doors/fenders but the car had some rust issues unlike Seth's.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Damn Seth. Sorry to see that. Those pics are incredible. Makes me want to cry.
    -Dave
    2000 GTP some mods

That's sad man, I'm so sorry to hear about it, did NBPD print it or anything??? I feel your pain I'd be locking and loading and every mint grand national I see now
    88 Stang 5.Slow MAC Longtube headers, offroad H pipe, 650 Edelbrock carb, performer intake, bye bye fuel injection
    90 Mazda MX-6 Turbo SOLD I Sold My Baby
    86 Conquest TSI Turbo

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    That is gay

the nbpd is doing a great job actually. the rear and efi tank were left in the car. I am looking for a 7.5 rear to throw in the car so i can keep the 8.5 the nbpd has recovered some more parts but i really can't disclose the details right now.

Seth

Hmm, sounds very interesting if they are recovering more parts...possibly on to catching the thiefs? Car found in New Berlin, or somewhere in Milwaukee, etc? Curious minds want to know! Glad to hear the PD is doing a fine job.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

87SleeperGN
    Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS

Pretty horrible. I'm also curious where it was dumped....

Those front wheels borrowed or put on the car? If they put them on it appears like quite a g-body chop shop they have going...by only the passenger side door and fender taken I'd guess all the parts are meant for one particular Regal/GN. They swap out the rear end and/or leave the EFI gas tank too? F-ing morons. Good chance they are aware of this thread too and have been paying attention for all we know.

For something twisted to do, put it back for sale in your yard where it was parked and a big sign saying *come get the rest*...not like it will do anything..

Also curious how the NB PD handled it, considering there probably aren't many thefts at all in the city.
    the guys in NB PD are good guys...know a few pretty well.

87SleeperGN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat73GNZ
    I'm with this guy. The hot air GN drivetrains aren't worth very much. That really sucks that this happened to you, but why woud they steal and strip this car, besides gaining a few body parts? Doesn't make much sense at all. Then again we're dealing with F'ing morons here.
    its not the car itself as a whole its when you part the car out that makes it so valuable. They mustve wanted to part it out to sell.

I think they took the parts for a specific car, hence leaving one door and one fender...sure the hot air motor isn't a world beater but its probably alot better than whatever engine the recepient car had. Of course being for parts is another good explanation...

My only experience with the NB PD wasn't a good one, got pulled over last summer in my LS after dropping a friend of mine off at night at his apartment on Moorland road. Apparently there were a few car break-ins recently at this complex so they were patroling, understandable. The attitude one of the officers had toward me left alot to be desired, pretty much accusing myself of being a thief with comments like *we won't have any break-ins tonight then, will we?* before letting me go....total douchebag. I should of asked for his name/badge number or whatever to report but surely nothing would of happened anyway. Because I'm driving an older Monte and looked like trash being in my softball clothes(cut off sleeves, etc.) I guess I must of been the guy . That said, having friends and family who were/are officers, I always give them the benefit of the doubt and commend them on their job, I know its not an easy one for the most part. Guess I got a bad apple.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares