plugs on a 2000 f250?

how hard is it to do plugs on this truck? can anyone give me a step by step for it? thanks
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

5.4?

It's a coil on plug deal. If I recall right, one side is fairly easy and the other is a little more tricky because you have to work around the fuel lines. It's not too difficult but you better put aside about 2 hours if you've never done it before.

yeah 5.4 do i have to remove the fuel lines?

BCM Cruiser
    Here are some basics from a guy on f150online that should make things easier.

Sparkplug Replacement Tips and Tools

The first thing you need to know is where the release for the wire connector to the coil pack is. It is on the bottom in the middle back next to the wires. You push up on it.

Tools needed are: 3/8" ratchet with (2) 6" extensions, (2) 3" extensions (1) 3/8" swivel and 5/8" sparkplug socket. 1/4" ratchet with (2) 2" extensions, (1) 4" extension and 7mm socket. 1/4" small breaker bar (I call it that) this tool will make life easy on the third 7mm bolt back on drivers side because a regulator sticks out off of the fuel rail making it a tight fit. A telescopic magnet would help in removing and replacing 7mm bolts.

You do not have to take fuel rails or power steering tank brackets off to do this job. Disconnect the wire to the coil pack then remove the 7mm bolt and twist coil back and forth. The coil should come right out with a long rubber boot on the end. After you get it out wipe any dirt off with a rag so it won't fall back in the hole going back in. If you have air blow any grit out of the hole before removing plug.

The 3/8" ratchet, (2) 6" extensions and socket do most of the plugs. The passenger side 4th plug takes a 3" extension in the plug socket to make it in the hole because of a metal hose.The back plugs on both sides are easier if you use a swivel above the 3" extension and long extensions to get out into the clear. Be careful starting the plugs with a swivel because of crossthreading.

On the drivers side the first plug takes all of your 1/4" drive extensions to be able to get to the 7mm bolt because of a bracket. This bracket is also over the plug hole. Now just use your 3" extension on the plug socket and slip it in the hole from the front of the truck. Then put put another 3" on it and take it out no problem. It helps to unplug the hard plastic hose from the rubber intake boot for more room.

The only other problem is the 7mm bolt on the 3rd plug back on the drivers side. It's too tight to even use a swivel above the socket. This was after going to three stores to find one. I had to finally crank it over at a 90 degree angle and use it like a breaker bar. This is why I suggest you get one of those little breaker bars on the front end and you'll have no trouble.

By knowing the tools you need on the front end and knowing when to use them this should be a 2 hour or less job. It was a 5 hr. job for me between borrowing extensions twice, going on my shopping spree for a swivel and wrestling with that 7mm bolt.

Tips: Start your 7mm bolts and plugs by hand before putting a ratchet on then. You don't want to crossthread that aluminum.
    1993 SVT Mustang Cobra
    2004 SVT F-150 Lightning

^^ Good Find! Couldn't have said it better myself.

thank you very much

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    good luck, I did plugs on a f-150 once. it was a pain. But as you know I don't fit into small spaces well.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

In case you didn't already do it...

I just did this a couple weeks ago on my 01 F-150. Don't overtorque the plugs, they are only supposed to be about 13lb/ft.

The fuel rails are easy to pop off to get out of the way too. I found an extra long spark plug socket at Harbor Freight for like $5.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now