Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody local tune lt1's ???

Got a friend with a '93 camaro lt1 who needs a tune. Any local, cheaper options than speed inc? The car presently goes 12.80 with only headers, 4.10's and a tq converter, pretty impressive for what it is!
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

No sleep till Brooklyn Heat Seeker WS6's Avatar

I haven't found anyone around here that will touch them.
    I got a new prom through Chip from PCM4less.
    100-0 faster than your 0-60

Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett
    Got a friend with a '93 camaro lt1 who needs a tune. Any local, cheaper options than speed inc? The car presently goes 12.80 with only headers, 4.10's and a tq converter, pretty impressive for what it is!
    12.80, thats not to shabby... There are really no LT1 tuners around here...
    I got a Email tune from MADZ28 tuning, I think he does chips for 93's also, but like John said PCM4LESS does them also and his tune feels pretty good.

Now John, I you got a tire for your TA I think you can hit low 12's
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Heh- they just tuned Mario Andretti's Vette also.....

http://www.pcmforless.com

Apparently the car has a mail order "reflashed" ecu, pcm or whatever you want to call it. I suggested adding the next round of mods before dropping $$ on a full tune, so now he wants a heads and cam package. I have heard good things about lloyd elliot heads , so any opinions on the le stage 3 setup for a stock block car that will see action only on the drag strip??
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Apparently the car has a mail order "reflashed" ecu, pcm or whatever you want to call it. I suggested adding the next round of mods before dropping $$ on a full tune, so now he wants a heads and cam package. I have heard good things about lloyd elliot heads , so any opinions on the le stage 3 setup for a stock block car that will see action only on the drag strip??
    check CZ28 for LE stuff....youll get buried with a million lloyd elliot threads

and Madz28 and PCMFORLESS do good tunes for what they are.....

Cant really go wrong with taking it to speed INC for a tune too
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

When I was looking for my tune Speed Inc didnt do the 93 PROMs- not sure if they are doing them yet. I'll call them on Monday. If they do- dyno tune here we go

I called Speed Inc today and they do not tune Prom based 92-93 LT1's. They send out to Ed Wright or the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Seeker WS6
    I called Speed Inc today and they do not tune Prom based 92-93 LT1's. They send out to Ed Wright or the others.
    hmmmm...interesting..that sucks dude
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

The only place I've ever heard that can & will fully dyno tune a 92-93 LT1 is at PcmforLess's home shop on the east coast. Until then, its mail order for us old schoolers. You could get several chips made and dyno test them one at a time in the car and keep the best one or get several chips made- for "Performance" & "economy"?

Very few speedshops will tune PROMs. Too time consuming.

Buy the software programs, get some extra PROMS and learn to tune it yourself. You will save yourself a TON of money and learn about your engine too.

Well, he isn't interested in tuning it himself so looks like the mail order tunes are the only option right now, that kinda sucks. Is it possible to swap a 94+ pcm into his car? He is going with the LE stage 3 head/cam combo, larger tb and fuel injectors
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

biggsGTP
    Extreme Performance in Greenville, WI

Quote Originally Posted by biggsGTP
    Extreme Performance in Greenville, WI
    Yes or no- do they have the ability to dyno tune a heavily modified Prom based 93 LT1 or are you just plugging that shop in this thread?

biggsGTP
    Very awsome guys, I would give them a call and talk to Dan. they def. have there **** together. Another option is Luke from Beyond Redline, he mainly does imports but has a couple of sick LS1's running around the area. . . Here is the number for Extreme Performance: 920-757-0269

~Biggie

I called Extreme and they can dyno cars, but cannot tune Prom based OBDI cars. Thanks for the lead nonetheless.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    If you are looking into getting ported heads look into http://www.advancedinduction.com/ that is were i went. I just got them back and they look great. Here are some pics.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Nice lookin heads.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    thanks man i have way more pics of my build but i figured i would limit them to just two.