RAMrod LAYED out

just finished it up yesterday. used a Mcguires flip kit and temped the front springs with some heat. turned out to be 7" outa the rear and 2" outa the front.

still need to get shocks for the back any recomendations?

also can someone phontoshop the rims black??id appretiate it. i dont know how hard it is do but if someones bored. thanks!!
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 09-26-2006 at 07:24 PM.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Look'n good

Nice stance!! Why didnt you use lowered springs or a lower a-arm kit instead of heating the springs? I so wanna do another lowered Ram. Good luck, post lots of pics!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

i didnt get the springs yet. i am going to get 2" lowering springs for the front. it sat high up in front i couldnt tell you how many people on hwy sunday asked what kind of bag system i had. and its obviously not bagged. so i torched them monday till i get the springs.. im going to order them wednsday.

That looks awesome... now it needs a toneau cover and a roll pan and you'll be truckin' It does look good though!
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

^life project^
    lowered trucks kick ass, as you never see any older rams lowered.
    Not bad for a daily
    97 GMC Sonoma - 5.3L - T56 forever in pieces
    04 Buick Lesabre - geriatric edition
    93 Yamaha FZR 600 - 1000 rear wheel swap
    74 honda CB450 - cafe cruiser

I had Belltech nitro drop shocks for my fronts and they didnt last too long but I had gone with a lowered control arm and spring. I think I used KYBs for the rear and those held out for over 6 years before they needed to be replaced and we towed with it. I believe I used suspension techniques for all of the parts though...damm that was a loooong time ago.

I gotta whore it out again since the miss the snot out of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLONOMA
    as you never see any older rams lowered.
    Not bad for a daily

I know! i looked on the internet for 94-02 4/6 lowered rams and found two! with the exception of yoo's. which I do like! sucks you got rid of her..

I ordered the front springs today. it was like $96 shipped to my door from streetpros.com. thats where I got the flip kit also. if you dont see what your looking for call them they have it!

as for the roll pan I got a steel one from stylin concepts and its getting painted thats the reason for no bumper.

I have to cut the bed liner to fit a toneau. I'd like to get a access roll cover because I still haul my bikes in the bed, the last thing im doing to this for awhile is tinting the windows, either 10 or 15% havent decided. my dads got 15 on his red duramax and it looks good but still seems like it should be a little darker haha
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 05-31-2006 at 04:18 PM.

I did the Styling concepts rolled pan and added a hidden hitch with flip down plate as well. I got a great deal on a fiberglass toneau lid but that thing weighed a TON!! Cant wait to see the final product.

400whp V5 Gtrim ripped2keclipse's Avatar
    looking good
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Vortech'd Built Motor Shootin for 400whp

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4"Suspension Lift 31x10.5

1997 Gsxr 750 130whp

looks good!
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Senior Member..now yer posting! purpl72olds's Avatar
    So puttin all your money in the ram now ? Ever gonna do anything with your chevy or how is that coming ?

I saw you at culvers today on sunset.

Looks nice Here is a real quick piss poor job for ya . . .

(PS- Image quality falls off pretty quick on pre compressed files like this, sorry )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SMS 1; 06-01-2006 at 01:02 PM.

whoa! thanks man!! what do you think?? black or keep them chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by purpl72olds
    So puttin all your money in the ram now ? Ever gonna do anything with your chevy or how is that coming ?
    haha no just making it "mine" you know. the chevy is cab/frame/motor. everythings cut off just got to bolt some new stuff on. waiting for my torque converter for the t-400 so i put that in and make my custom tansfercase mount.(divorced t-case)

Nick- you should have said Hi i hardly know anybody on this board. i stop by oscars but i dont know who to talk to.

You know me chris! haha, but then agian i dont see you like i used to on a daily bassis anymore! Go break some stuff so clinton has something to work on!

chris ram looks good, saw it on sunset the other day, ridin rough but looks cool, JJ told me you slammed it
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by purpl72olds
    You know me chris! haha, but then agian i dont see you like i used to on a daily bassis anymore! Go break some stuff so clinton has something to work on!

haha ya you dont get to ride the spring city bicycle shane picked up for the guys to come get our junk..you know when I drive those company vehicles they get more air then a skateboard at the x-games. Clinton stays busy at Kilpatricks from us.lol

Ya i took that sweet ride for a beat run around the lot one night after some drinking , lmao! I know you always are keeping clinton busy