Any cheap/free mods for my Silverado?

I have a 2005 Sliverado with the 5.3. It's pretty stout for a big 4WD truck but are there any cheap/free/easy hop up's I can do to gain a little more?

I'm asking because I have previous experience with 5.0 Mustangs and there's tons of easy things you can do to those.

Thanks!

Post whore
    Anyone this would be helpfull as we were wondering the same thing. My brother just bought a 05 gmc with a 5.3l 4 door. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks

there used to be a silveradoclub.com somehtin like that. i've always quickly browsed those sights, or at least registered just to browse that type of stuff
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

My old man has an 05' sierra... I didnt tune it or anything but i put a K&N drop in in it and cut out the bottom of the air box and that seemed tp help low end quite a bit.

But the 01+ LSx trucks/cars cant really be improved upon much w/o cracking the computer or replacing parts.

I may end up with this 05' truck as my daily yet, so maybe you would want to go halves on a tune license for 05's?? it would be 150$ each. But everything can be altered, ive done 3 04's so far and they really woke up, especially the auto's with getting rid of the T/M. The final one was a 4.8/ 5speed regency 2wd that comes with headers and intake, that thing really woke up.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

POW!
    i put an aem brute force on, corsa catback and a hypertech on my 03 and its prolly the best money ive spent for what i got out of it. it ran 16.0 too......not the fastest thing but its pretty good for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dr doom
    i put an aem brute force on, corsa catback and a hypertech on my 03 and its prolly the best money ive spent for what i got out of it. it ran 16.0 too......not the fastest thing but its pretty good for what it is.
    Decent setup, not a fan of hypertech stuff at all here though.

Most Reg cab/ext cab half tons with 3.42's thru 4.10's with similar mods seems to be about 15.7 and better. Most reg RCSB 4x4s can touch low 15s with light mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1

I may end up with this 05' truck as my daily yet, so maybe you would want to go halves on a tune license for 05's?? it would be 150$ each.

I may may very interested in this. Let me know...

What are you tuning the 05's with? I have EFI live, but I have no idea how to tune a gasser. I tune diesels only! I can get 500rwhp out of your diesiel if you need it!
    05 Duramax Diesel

WWW.TURBODMAX.COM

11.8@118+

I use HP tuners. very nice user friendly program.

4EYED when would you want to do the tune thing? if you do yet ill ordered the license.

Just some guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    What are you tuning the 05's with? I have EFI live, but I have no idea how to tune a gasser. I tune diesels only! I can get 500rwhp out of your diesiel if you need it!
    Too bad my stock Allison wouldn't last more than a few minutes at that power level

Quote Originally Posted by MoreTorque
    Too bad my stock Allison wouldn't last more than a few minutes at that power level

Nothing a big stack of hundreds can't cure.
    05 Duramax Diesel

WWW.TURBODMAX.COM

11.8@118+

Just some guy...
    Was actually going to go with a Stage V suncoast, but that big stack of hundreds bought an LS1 Trans Am instead