Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar

killed my clutch cable

What cable kit should i get...i heard the maximum motorsport one was good.opinions

Go with a hydraulic clutch. They are waaaaaaaay easier to push for the same clutch over the cable. They also self adjust so you can get to the friction point faster.

Two cars of mine had hydraulic clutches: my 01 prelude and my A4. They are both easier to press than the one in my 92 integra, which is a weaker car with a weaker clutch.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

i never heard of a retrofit for a fox mustang

Back in my fox days, I found a few products out there. I planned on redoing the clutch cable when the tranny was out, but I was low on $$$ at the time.

Just brows for a while and you will find it. Check MMA.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not sure (havn't pulled my car apart yet) but I'm assuming that even the '99-04 Mustangs still use the cable set-up not hydrolics, but the '05 + have hydrolics...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Irish
    No hydro.

http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog...lutchcable.htm

That's most likely what I'd buy... And of course add the doublehook quadrant, and a firewall adjuster... Just my $.02
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Don't get a cheap one like autozone or any **** like that, it's junk mine went out after about 3 or 4 months (i used to work there) I figured i would pick one up there since i had the discount, well pain and junk. Go back to Ford get a original cable and then pick up a firewall adjuster and you'll be set. That's what I have on my stang now and you barely have to go 3/4 of the way to disengage the clutch now. Much nicer that trying to put the clutch pedal through the floor.
    88 Stang 5.Slow MAC Longtube headers, offroad H pipe, 650 Edelbrock carb, performer intake, bye bye fuel injection
    90 Mazda MX-6 Turbo SOLD I Sold My Baby
    86 Conquest TSI Turbo

yep, on the maximum motorsport site it says the ford cables are the best u can get! go figure

anybody get a good price on the factory cable?

Grim_Reeper7.0
    Factory cable sells for less then $30 at autozone. I remembe when i had my 93LX i used to go through adjustable cables once a month. Just the way the adjustment stud ran through the clutch fork caused them to be on a wierd angle and break easily. I was running a tripple pickup clutch quadrant from steeda and a adjustable cable and firewall adjuster from bbk......I had a HUGE problem with broke clutch cables.....like i said....atleast on a month and that was with a spec racing clutch...

I hear alot about the adjustable cables being junk too, I would just get the good ol factory and get the firewall adjuster, i've had it like that for a few months and it's working good.
    88 Stang 5.Slow MAC Longtube headers, offroad H pipe, 650 Edelbrock carb, performer intake, bye bye fuel injection
    90 Mazda MX-6 Turbo SOLD I Sold My Baby
    86 Conquest TSI Turbo

just get the original ford piece and be done with it... I've heard to many stories about the adjustables not working out in the long run, and have never heard a complaint about the ford piece