Thread: GLD tech in

GLD tech in

I have never personally went through tech there. How strict are they? I ask cause I really don't want to put a 10pt cage or a chute in my car right away. Should I just shut it down at 1/8 mile every run? Or do they pretty much know what you should have by what is in your car (performance wise)?

The tech people there are pretty knowledgeable. Meaning by looking at a car, they will know what safety components should be in place. On RSD nights, they seem to be a little more leniant, but not at the expense of safety by any means.

Printer *****
    Beware the angry old man- he'll beat you if you look at him wrong.
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

and fail you for blinking wrong
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

The old guy isnt there anymore.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Senior Member..now yer posting! MT98Z's Avatar

tech

Yea the the Old guy is still there he teched me in the night I went.He was taking over just as I got in line one of the owners was doing it.He was there last friday also,just dont bu//sh/t him too bad and you'll be alright.

I might just put the 6 pt in for now and hope that I pass. I am all about safety but these cages are dangerous on a street car. It's not a daily driver but it still bothers me.

So let me get this straight, having a 6 point bar on the street is dangerous? A car that you make it sound like will go 150mph+ doesn't need a chute or cage @ the track? That sounds logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FSTNA347
    So let me get this straight, having a 6 point bar on the street is dangerous? A car that you make it sound like will go 150mph+ doesn't need a chute or cage @ the track? That sounds logical to me.
    It's not about logic! It's about I would like to tune my new set up on some milder passes, work on launching, and let her fly for the last run. I do need the equipment for the last run but on the street my wife likes to drive my car (normally) and I refuse to think about her smacking her melon on a fricking bar cause some asshole who just saw a movie wanted to drift (or **** just happens too). I can except something happening to me since it would be 1 full run. After she drives it for awhile and is bored with it I would put the cage in and chute on. So yeah it's not logical but neither is spending all that money on a car, but she still helped and supported the project.