Baddriver01

Reinforced rear end covers?

Rear end cover for the 10 bolt 7.5"... who makes a reliable upgrade. I just put in new gears and want to make sure I don't blow them out the back. Of course I'll probably break something else along the driveline instead. Thanks

Moser
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddriver01
    Rear end cover for the 10 bolt 7.5"... who makes a reliable upgrade. I just put in new gears and want to make sure I don't blow them out the back. Of course I'll probably break something else along the driveline instead. Thanks
    naw, you'll just break the rear regardless
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant
    naw, you'll just break the rear regardless
    +1 for the mopar guy....

i would put the money towards an aftermarket rear end. Its just a waste to be "working" with the stock 10 bolt in an f-body

Baddriver01
    Yeah, that's on my list with about $10K in other upgrades that "need to be done". The difference is, I can race with a $200 girdle or I can sit on my butt while I save up for a $2K strange 12 bolt...

just get a TA Performance Girdle for like $150 till u get a 12 bolt
    David L.
    2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Camaro - Yeah it still broken
    1993 CR-X del Sol Si -the stock 35+MPG Daily Driver
    if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?

www.ProjectCamaro.com
    www.KieperRacing.com
    www.JMRemodelingwi.com

Quote Originally Posted by PHDcamaro
    just get a TA Performance Girdle for like $150 till u get a 12 bolt
    MAC has nice girdles too, for a bit cheaper
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

Grim_Reeper7.0
    I would buy a 9" over a 12 bolt any day of the week.....there better constructed.....

For the record the 12 bolt is a fine piece of nodular iron! This is like comparing fords and chevys when it comes to F-body rear ends... they are all going to do the trick, just a different look. We all know there is NO LS1's/LT1's around here that are putting down 1000/1000 to even reach the outer limits of any after market rear....

If your not gonna do 6K launches on 27" or bigger slicks.... Look at an aftermarket rear. However the cover, with a solid pinion spacer (which goes the longest way to keep the gear set intact) and a good set of gears and axles and decent posi unit (not torsen or auburn) in a 10 bolt i think it would take a pounding.

What car is this cover going on BTW??? so i can give you an idea if it will last.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 05-19-2006 at 03:40 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    For the record the 12 bolt is a fine piece of nodular iron! This is like comparing fords and chevys when it comes to F-body rear ends... they are all going to do the trick, just a different look. We all know there is NO LS1's/LT1's around here that are putting down 1000/1000 to even reach the outer limits of any after market rear....

If your not gonna do 6K launches on 27" or bigger slicks.... Look at an aftermarket rear. However the cover, with a solid pinion spacer (which goes the longest way to keep the gear set intact) and a good set of gears and axles and decent posi unit (not torsen or auburn) in a 10 bolt i think it would take a pounding.
    WERD...It comes to down to PERSONAL choice with a 12 bolt and 9" rear..

BUT this thread is about GIRDLEs...lol..not new rear ends
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

Baddriver01
    I have a 98 TA, with richmond 3.73's thick, automatic, with about 355HP at the wheels (430 at the crank). No slicks. No nitrous. Just want to build something fun and safe and not get yelled at by the wife for blowing $200 on another set of gears. The car has 130,000 on the body+ driveline but only 20K on the engine. Thanks for the input. And no, I never expect to be able to put down 1000 HP/TQ without huge technological advances in air filter technology

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    Ive got a TA gridle acutally that i would sell. Let me know. send me a pm

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali