Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LSX/t56 clutches- whatcha using?

Just want to see what everyone is using , thoughts and opinions. After 2 years and 16k miles of abuse, my spec 3 is starting to show signs that its days are numbered. My only complaint of it would be the chattering. I'm thinking of trying spec's new 3+ ~$550 and reusing my fidanza al flywheel, or textralia x pad/8 lb flywheel combo $1000+(yikes!)
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

If I make it another season with mine, I will save for the textralia combo otherwise I may just rebuild mine again. I am using a mcleod single disc, steel flywheel.
    $150 to basically replace EVERYTHING under their rebuild program, but you cant beat that deal even if it just buys ya another year.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I did a Spec Stage 3i (the sintered iron disc)

held up to my 460rwhp and 6500rwpm clutch dumps to a 1.4 60ft. i'd do it again if i was a 6-speed car.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Spec stage 3 here... about 3K miles on it so far.

A lot of people are switching to an LS-7 clutch kit, and have nothing but good things to say about it.
    If mine goes... I'll be going the LS-7 route.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Details about the LS7 clutch....please. Is it a direct fit? Cheaper than aftermarket or about the same? Will stock hydraulics work?

You can buy the kit from T56rebuilds.com and it will cost about $550 shipped to your door.
    LS-2 flywheel is needed for it to bolt up.

Complete LS7 Clutch Kit including Pressure Plate, Clutch Disk and LS2 Flywheel ......... $550.00 (Free shipping).
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

holy s h i t thats a good price, what kind of power with that thing hold?

Im not sure how MUCH horsepower it'll hold,... but its designed to hold the 500+ ponies of the LS-7...
    Hale To The Zoo!!

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

In a much lighter car however.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

I've thought about the ls7, but don't really want to go back to a heavy flywheel and am planning on spraying the car someday. I know a guy who is running one in his 402ci ls2 rx7 and is happy with it so far (142 mph traps ) I'm leaning toward the spec 3+ which also has a full face disc, should be a little smoother on the street than the 6 puck.
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

^life project^
    Spec Stage 3. Mc Load ADJ Master and Spec Billet STEEL flywheel. No chatter. I love it and has held up great.

A B4C Z
    97 GMC Sonoma - 5.3L - T56 forever in pieces
    04 Buick Lesabre - geriatric edition
    93 Yamaha FZR 600 - 1000 rear wheel swap
    74 honda CB450 - cafe cruiser

McLeod...if you can swing it.
    If it were me, I would rather spend more once.
    Doing anything over because you could have done better in the first place sucks.
    My $.02
    Tell 'em Billy sent ya!

I 've had the spec stage 3 for about 2 years and the chatter is really starting to bother me.
    2000 Z28
    6 spd.
    Cowl induction hood
    Motorsport Z06's
    TSP Lid
    Hooker cat-back

I just put 260 miles on my Textralia clutch.
    Shes just about ready for some strip time.
    It feels nice and tight, some chatter but Im just getting used to it.
    I have a feeling Im gonna need some drag radials to really appreciate this baby.
    I love it.

PERFORMANCE MODS: SLP CAI, SLP MAF, Coated Flowtech LT's, ORY pipes, GMMG, Comp Cam, AFR 205cc Heads, 160* Stat, SJM Line Locs, Hurst Billet Plus with UMI Short Stick, BadLS1 Custom Tune
    SUSPENSION MODS: Spohn Adj Torque Arm, and Rear Sway Bar, KYB Adj F/R Shocks, UMI Panhard and Lower Control Arms, DMS Springs, S/F Connect

can some one explain why my stage 3 slips. its the older style yellow stage 3 and i hate it. it wont grab for the life of me . it got much better since i bleed the crap out of the z06 slave i put in but it just wont get any better . now??? any sudgestions???

Quote Originally Posted by loudrsls1
    can some one explain why my stage 3 slips. its the older style yellow stage 3 and i hate it. it wont grab for the life of me . it got much better since i bleed the crap out of the z06 slave i put in but it just wont get any better . now??? any sudgestions???
    If you are using the stock master and line, did you do the "drill" mod? Did you use the shims spec supplies?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    Tom did the drill mod to mine it still sucked. Go with a Mc Load asjustable its like 300 but worth it.

Kyle

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    When I'm buying the LS7 myself.
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Nice thing about the mcloed is it is rebuildable also!

yeah. thats a good point. ive had the trani in and out of that car so many times. because of that cluch. time to switch masters as well i think.