Seen any 80's 442's for sale?

We are weighing options between fixing up my wife's 86 442 and what body and paint would cost and just getting one that already has good paint and body and is ready to go.
    Her preference is 87 Gray exterior and interior and t-tops, but will look at other 85-87's .
    She did find an 87 black with gray int. down in IL but I was hoping for something a bit closer.

I am a little gunshy on longer drives to look at cars after my trip a year or 2 ago to Ann Arbor to see the biggest piece of &^%* W-41 Achieva that the guy sent nice pics of (Must been from the when it was new LOL) and told me everything was great on it. (Heater core leaked when it was cold and all kinds of other problems)
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Saw a pretty clean '86 in autotrader.

I'll see if I can find it again.

edit: e-bay link.....couldnt find it on autotrader

Located in Racine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/442-O...QQcmdZViewItem

I saw another one maybe a week ago but I cant find where I saw it at.
    Last edited by Lash; 04-08-2006 at 04:55 PM.

there was one here in my area a few years back.. aerocoupe I Think? no ttops though.. let me know if you want me to try and track it down.. very well cared for though
    Jamie
    83 capri rs - ttops, 5.0 badges, and original paint... complete with 10 show bars

Quote Originally Posted by Lash
    Saw a pretty clean '86 in autotrader.

I'll see if I can find it again.

edit: e-bay link.....couldnt find it on autotrader

Located in Racine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/442-O...QQcmdZViewItem

I saw another one maybe a week ago but I cant find where I saw it at.
    We saw that one, she is looking for one that's a little more stock.
    Thanks, though
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by ruhlahan
    there was one here in my area a few years back.. aerocoupe I Think? no ttops though.. let me know if you want me to try and track it down.. very well cared for though
    Only the Monte's and the Ponti 2+2 had Aerocoupe. T-tops is a plus but not essential.
    Thanks
    Jamie

hmm, I'll have to go track it down for my own well being then..

I could have sworn it had the big back window, and 442 on the doors...
    Jamie
    83 capri rs - ttops, 5.0 badges, and original paint... complete with 10 show bars

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Heres one I saw in last weeks Wisconsin Auto and RV book This is exactly what the ad says.
    1987 Olds 442
    Very clean car, all factory, 50,000 orig mi, never seen snow, t-tops
    straight as an arrow $7800. Kansasville Wi 262-878-2760
    The picture is in black and white so the color is unknown, but I think it would be gray because it looks like a lighter color.
    I have also been throwing around the idea of purchasing a 85-87 442 but not sure if I could get myself to sell the SS
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS
    2 Chevrolet 1 Pontiac 2 Oldsmobiles

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy85SS
    Heres one I saw in last weeks Wisconsin Auto and RV book This is exactly what the ad says.
    1987 Olds 442
    Very clean car, all factory, 50,000 orig mi, never seen snow, t-tops
    straight as an arrow $7800. Kansasville Wi 262-878-2760
    The picture is in black and white so the color is unknown, but I think it would be gray because it looks like a lighter color.
    I have also been throwing around the idea of purchasing a 85-87 442 but not sure if I could get myself to sell the SS

Thats where I saw it! I picked up that mag along with autotrader (weekly thing )

Thanks! We'll call on it in the morning.
    Jamie

Good idea to find one thats clean with good paint already...economically you probably will exceed the cost of getting a lower mile/clean one by doing all the work to one, sad as it is to say . If I was smart I would of done this with my SS, but lesson learned .

I wouldn't hesitate to travel south, that way you know its clean too, like your wagon . Anything else is minor in comparison to fix. JMHO.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-Ol...QQcmdZViewItem

Not a 442 or fitting much of your criteria, but it looks perfect!

Even though we live close enough that I probably won't see anything you already have, I'll let you know if I spot anything.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

That is nice looking.
    Makes me wish I lived down in the land of no snow so I could drive older cars all year round.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power
    Thanks! We'll call on it in the morning.
    It was sold
    Jamie

She did find an 87 black with gray int. down in IL but I was hoping for something a bit closer.
    Well don't have to worry about the drive. It's sold also.

Strike 2
    Jamie

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Well I picked up this weeks Auto and RV book and found another 87 442 this one has 84,000 T-Tops and appears to be burgandy or black kinda hard to tell asking 8995. at a dealer in Edgerton Wi the # is 608-884-6082
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS
    2 Chevrolet 1 Pontiac 2 Oldsmobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy85SS
    Well I picked up this weeks Auto and RV book and found another 87 442 this one has 84,000 T-Tops and appears to be burgandy or black kinda hard to tell asking 8995. at a dealer in Edgerton Wi the # is 608-884-6082
    That's a bit higher than we wanted to go pricewise.
    We did find out about a either gray or blue (depending on who is talking about it ) 87 that has a bit more mile but is supposed to be clean up north. and they want 6000-7000. Were waiting on pics, my wife talked to the guy today.
    Jamie

Saw one for sale the other day, locally. '86, black. Used to be my friends car. Has over 100k, but body is decent. I did have rust on the rocker panels, but if I see it again, I get a number for you.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

My brother is in AZ with the flatbed looking for stuff to bring back. Want me to have him look for ya? He has the digital camera and shoots ok pics when he's sober (a rare thing). He can't seem to find me any Mopars maybe he can find an Olds for ya???

Lemme know......

We are weighing options between fixing up my wife's 86 442 and what body and paint would cost and just getting one that already has good paint and body and is ready to go.
    Her preference is 87 Gray exterior and interior and t-tops, but will look at other 85-87's .

I am a little gunshy on longer drives to look at cars after my trip a year or 2 ago to Ann Arbor to see the biggest piece of &^%* W-41 Achieva that the guy sent nice pics of (Must been from the when it was new LOL) and told me everything was great on it. (Heater core leaked when it was cold and all kinds of other problems)
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.--Andre Gide