Thread: Suspension

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

Suspension

We'll I know I have said I want to do alot of things to my car but since my 2 front springs are broke I figured I should do my suspension first. This is what I want to do.

-Bushings (control arms, sway bar)

-Shocks

-Springs (front and also rear leafs)

-Front end parts while I'm at it(tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm, ball joints, ect...)

Any suggestions or anything else I'm forgetting?

I dont have like thousand's to spend on suspension and steering parts but I kind of want to do it all in one shot shere while im gonna have things apart. I just need some brands and maybe an estimate if possible of what this might all cost me. I really need to get this done this year.
    1968 Camaro 383

Maybe a close ratio steering box? I know they are found in alot of third gen camaros and firebirds. I had one in my 88 ws6 formula. Good luck.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

You didnt care for the suggestions when you last posted this topic??
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

I didnt post them here...least i dont think i did.
    1968 Camaro 383

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i have some camaro front end suspension im selling. From QA1. Its for a 69 camaro but it should work. Interested? Barely used if at all. Trailer Queens.....

whatchya got? If you want you can PM me or email me.
    1968 Camaro 383

Slow chevelle slower integra rogerdarkness's Avatar
    Just get a PST magazine and order a complete polygraphite front suspension kit $379.00 and you get everything you need its great stuff I put it on my chevelle and it handels so much better. I have like 20 of these magazines so if you want one let me know I could meet you at oscars this weekend and give you one.

yeah I looked at PST right after i posted this topic actually and for everything I want its like a grand which I dont think is bad at all.
    1968 Camaro 383

ok well tomorrow (today) I am going to get the PST polygraphite super front suspension kit and also a sway bar through them. I guess the only thing I need after that is springs and shocks. Any suggestions on that or should I just get the PST springs and the KYB shocks through them too?
    1968 Camaro 383

I haven't heard the greatest of things on KYB shocks. BTW, I am putting a 92 Caprice 9C1 steering box on my chevelle. This will tighten it up a bunch along with a new centerlink from pst.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

pretty much the only thing im not getting with my stuff is a pitman arm and centerlink..
    1968 Camaro 383

Called PST on lunch and the parts shipped out today. Should be here Thursday or Friday. Comming from New Jersey. Pics to come when it all gets here.
    1968 Camaro 383

Ok here are a few pics. They suck but whatever. Got the parts this morning, went to work, came home and I got the Idler arm on and also the passenger side inner and outer tie rods on.

The tires are BFG Radial T/A's 275/60/15 in the rear and 235/60/15 in the front.

The New Rims!!!!

And the parts!
    1968 Camaro 383