Thread: SCT Tuners

SCT Tuners

Alright guys... Just wondering if anyone out there has the SCT Tuners SF Strategy Flash Device... Or if anyone's used it... I'm looking at it since it seems to be relatively flexable, and I'm going to be changing Gear Ratios in the next year or so. Here's the link, check it out and tell me what you think... http://www.sctflash.com/product_SF.php

Here are the questions I have if anyone knows the answer:

-You can use it on more than one car, right?
    -This will work with me tuning for N2O or an S/C?
    -If I buy it anyone want a tune? I won't charge an arm and a leg, I promise...

Yeah, I'm newer at this obviously, but hey gotta learn somehow...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    get it joe you wont be unhappy i have it for mine. i walked into the tuner i use and he took five minutes to reflash the handheld and i installed the tune to reset my gears it is really awesome. marv at c and m performance in richfield he has a dyno also check him out

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

All of the Sct stuff is top notch. Marv is a great guy too. Stop by there one day.
    Andy
    00 Silver GT

Where's C&M in Richfield?
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    yup its in the industrial park opposite piggly wiggly or pick n save what ever that grocery store is. youll see his sign

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I am very happy with the SCT tuner on our 03 Cobra, You can only install a tune on 1 car at a time, but you can use it as a datalogger on multiple cars.
    It will help you tune with a S/C or Nitrous, I recommend getting it from Marv also at C&M auto, he will update base tune changes for free as your combo changes (Not dyno time obviously), I think he's actually in Hubertus, off 175.
    Good luck, Sam

So, how's it work? You take it to Marv @ C&M he puts the tune into the SCT Tuner device? Or? Ok, I'm confused...

Can a regular person hook it up to a PC and change things, or are they changed with the handheld or... Ok, yeah, I'm lost...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

Yes, I bought the tuner from marv, and he had on file in his computer, from a dyno session with a car similar and he just plugged it into my hand held SCT tuner and it uploads into it. Then I took it to my car, plugged it into the plug under the dash, and selected the "load custom tune" and it is in the car's computer now. I also downloaded the LiveLink software from SCT's site and can record about 40 values that occur during a WOT run. And you can make adjustments through the controller as well.
    Give Marv Z. a call, I dont have his number off hand but look on MMA.com or the WisconsinSVTOA site and his name is "Yellow Iron"
    Last edited by HRSEPLA; 03-16-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Brew City Muscle Original!!! Stangman98's Avatar
    Take it to Mike Post down in Ill. and have him take care of you
    In Progress
    604BBF/TH400/Radials