teritup

wanted lt-1 swap and rebuild

looking for someone in the area to pull an lt-1 and rebuild it - currently in a
    97 t/a - or if some one just wants to pull the engine and i could have it rebuilt at a local machine shop like C&S.

LT1? They still make them things? I think most people on the board will be ashamed to get their hands dirty on one of those...where in Milwaukee are you?

Senior Member..now yer posting! madmike's Avatar
    I do mostly LT1's at my shop up in Portage WI, but I am booked right now for about 2 months. You want a 383 build or a 355?
    madmike

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Got your pm.

Sorry man all I got is a used T56 from a 96' z28 not the engine.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

teritup
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    I do mostly LT1's at my shop up in Portage WI, but I am booked right now for about 2 months. You want a 383 build or a 355?
    i would probably go 355 since i have a supercharger setup on the car right now. i open to suggestions. i believe a have a hole in the top of a piston or the rings went bad. if you could give me some ideas and cost that would probably help me make a decision.

teritup
    Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
    LT1? They still make them things? I think most people on the board will be ashamed to get their hands dirty on one of those...where in Milwaukee are you?
    i know it's kind of old school but with the supercharger set up i'm still turning out over 350 at the rear wheels so i can't make that much fuss about it. i live in tosa off of capital.

Quote Originally Posted by teritup
    i know it's kind of old school but with the supercharger set up i'm still turning out over 350 at the rear wheels so i can't make that much fuss about it. i live in tosa off of capital.
    No man I was just messin with ya..I also run a antique lt1. What type of supercharger? You may want to go 383 as a blower puts alot of strain on a crank. If you upgrade the crank the cost difference 383 vs 355 is minimal and on the street the 383 will/should outperform the 355. I had my motor done by a shop in vegas called combination motorsports, they do excellent work. So build a forged 383 with 4 bolt mains and low compression and you should be all set. I hope mine makes 350rwhp but I'll have to wait until May to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
    I hope mine makes 350rwhp but I'll have to wait until May to find out.
    bahaahahahahahahahahahaa
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

at what rpm are you thinking 350 hp,with a blower...?? 3500?
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    at what rpm are you thinking 350 hp,with a blower...?? 3500?
    Blower? LT what?