Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

K&N or AMS air filter?

I want to put in a hi-flow air filter in my 98 tacoma. I was wondering if i should get a K&N of AMS airfilter i've heard great things about both but which is better?

I have a 2.7L 5-speed manual 4x4 short cab tacoma

carbon04
    I would go with the "new" nanofiber AMSOIL filter, because it will flow close to a K&N but is a much better filter

I would go with the K&N setup.

I would go with K&N. That is there only business. They put a lot of research and dyno time in with each kit. I know C&S can get you one, probably next day too. call Clint 781-0469.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    K&N here
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Just some guy...
    You might as well not use any air filter if you choose K&N. They flow decently, but the filtering is very, very bad. Overall quality has gone down too.

I agree with Carbon04. Order one of the new Amsoil Ea Nanofiber filters.

Irish
    K&n!

Amsoil.....!!!

K&n!!
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

I just installed a K&N on the minivan.....stop laughing, I cant stop modding s hit!

Hrmmm I had a K&N in my Grand Cherokee, and had a K&N on the Mustang with the stock Air Box and I was just trying to figure out what to get for the CAI since the "reusable blue filter" looks like **** now and needs to be replaced... And I tried cleaning it... I'm thinking K&N since they've never done me wrong... I don't know what to tell ya EP, from what it sounds like here it's a horse a peice leaning more towards K&N...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

K&N with THIS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JHRacing.net

Those Who Say It Can't Be Done.... Shouldn't Fu(k With The Guy Who's Doing It!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

Ill have to think about that filter set up! lol very nice, i'm going to go with the k&n and the deckplate mod because Its real easy to get recharge kits. That should help out the little 4 banger a bit. If you care to know what the deckplate mod is go to tacomaterritory.com and search for it!