68RR440

New Memeber, Saying Hello, 68 Road Runner Pics!

Hey, my names Adam, I'm from Waukesha, here are a few pics of our 68 Road Runner, 440/727. Shes all tucked away for the winter.

Oooooh very nice! Welcome to the board, dont let the locals scare ya away. Its nice to see more older muscle!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Welcome! By the way we've had no winter this year Make sure you get down to oscars this spring with that awesome car.

-Joe
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Welcome!!! Im afraid to go to Oscar's with my car lol. I barely take my car on Hwy. Only like 2 times last year.
    1968 Camaro 383

68RR440
    I rarely go on Hwy 100 anymore either, I remember many, many years ago when Hot Rod Magazine was in town, before "Power Tour", they did a cruise up there, man there was 100's of sweet cars up there! Anybody remember QFM's Wisconsin Ave cruises? AHHH the good old days, man, I'm getting old...

Nice car!......

QFM Cruise.....LOL....Looks like I'm not the only old guy around here now......I think they only did that for a year or two. I remember in 86 or 87, pouring rain and there was still nice cars down there, Wisconsin Ave was a lousy place to cruise, way to many stoplights. I don't remember any Hot Rod thing on hwy 100?.....Hmmm. You spend much time on the Hwy in the 80's?.......How about the Lake Front in the early 80's?.....
    Last edited by GRNDNL; 02-04-2006 at 09:23 AM.
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    welcome aboard...nice car. Nice to see another mopar
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I remember doing the Q-cruise and I cruised the Hwy in the late 80's
    Nice to see more old guys are coming out
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Welcome! Glad to see another old school muscle car here.

I remember going on the Q-Cruise with my Dad a few times.I went on the last one which I think was '94 maybe.
    Becky

1967 Camaro RS/SS
    1986 IROC

As already said Welocme aboard and hopefull we will see you at Oscars atleast a few times this summer.

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I rarely go on Hwy 100 anymore either, I remember many, many years ago when Hot Rod Magazine was in town, before "Power Tour", they did a cruise up there, man there was 100's of sweet cars up there! Anybody remember QFM's Wisconsin Ave cruises? AHHH the good old days, man, I'm getting old...

I remember those.. I remember seeing some tubbed out race car going through one intersection with both wheels about 4' in the air... was awesome. Its one thing to see a wheel stand at the strip, but to see one at a stop light is quite a show.

68RR440
    This past summer I was right around the corner from my house, in my Camaro, and the guy next to me pulled the front wheels in a pro-street looking late 60's Ford Truck, by far the coolest thing I have ever seen...

When I was little, Villard Ave used to be the cruising spot, and I vaguely recall a 55 or 56 T-Bird all-out drag car getting un-loaded off a trailer in front of our house to make a few passes on Villard, I remember that because the rumble of the open headers made the walls in our house shake...

I also remember some cars up at the old Music Box car show on Appleton Ave pulling one front wheel off the ground....

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I remember the Hot Rod cruise on the hwy. Must have been around 76 or 77? I was standing in the Treasure Island parking lot watching the cool cars go by. Guys were dumping gallons of bleach and doing huge smoky burnouts. The cops just stood by and watched too. A streaker even ran by but the cops caught him trying to hide in his car. Then the city trucks went by watering down the streets and the people standing on the sides. They were trying to break up the cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDNL
    You spend much time on the Hwy in the 80's?.....
    In the late 80's I did. Did you have a GN back then as well? We still talk about a few races we had with GNs back then. I wonder...

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Mopars are my favorite, I may have one sooner than I think

any one rember dr.ford mustang on wis ave night

Stuey
    I am new to the site and old school. I am just thinking about the days back in the early 80's when pro street cars would roll up and down hwy 100 no problem. I spoke with and old school officer last year and he told me the problems on hwy 100 were not the cars it was all the goof's walking the sidewalks damaging property and breaking windows etc....leave it to the people without cars to ruin it for those that do. Anyway who use to race up on Tower Rd???

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Welcome and nice car. Ya, I remember cruising in the late 70's and early 80's. Before CRUISING LAWS. now days I just pop up or down on the way to my parents in H.C.
    Real Rides Are Home Built.