Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need exhaust

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STEALTHZR2
    I would not recommend putting 3inch on the blazer...2 1/2inch piping should be big enough. Also remove the pre-cat or resonator if you call it that after the headers. It will make the truck run smoother. And have more of a growl depending on what muffler you have put on. Plus remember how much clearance you might have.

listen to my exhuast...
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....4-61EC27AB01C9
    I remeber when mine used to sound like that. Then I did a cam swap

You get a new ypipe yet? SLP PWNS ALL!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

no new y-pipe yet...did slp start making them again? no yoos i did not try dennis over there he told me no way on the 3" when i talked to him so i will check on this...thinking i am just gonna do it myself....buy a catco cat and get some tubing have wis muffler bend the tailpipe for me and get a glasspack....the just weld it and put it in....i would prefer someone to do it but....i think there is a guy on here said he would look at it for me but i forgot his sn...think its ls1s10.....
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Ya man give him a call!! His truck is sick and he does great work!! I'm pretty sure he fabbed those bad ass headers on his truck too!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

i called the place on 60th and lincoln today he said $380 with the cat...i think i am gonna install the cat myself and then take it there for the rest.....i can get a cat for like 60 bux off ebay
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69
    i called the place on 60th and lincoln today he said $380 with the cat...i think i am gonna install the cat myself and then take it there for the rest.....i can get a cat for like 60 bux off ebay
    You mean Wisconsin Muffler On 60th and Lincoln right? I have had work done on my silverado there. The guys do good work there also.

no its' not wisconsin muffler...thats on 37th and lincoln...this is a mom and pop type shop
    Brandon

Us s-series guys are gonna have to meet up sometime when I get home!! How does March 3rd sound?

i am fine with that day
    Brandon

i am fine with that day
    Sweet!! Hopefully I can hitup borchardts dyno before then. Gotta get somewhat of a tune for the new intake many + cam!

Quote Originally Posted by 96s10
    Us s-series guys are gonna have to meet up sometime when I get home!! How does March 3rd sound?
    Sure that would be great.

i will have my new exhaust by then...
    Brandon

Excellent keep me posted on where you go!! I gotta get my 3" Spintech Proshoot out installed

I love the warning that came with it:

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!This is a Racing Muffler that was designed for areas where Decibel levels are NOT 100-105 DBs

Ya I know I'm crazy.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 01-26-2006 at 05:59 AM.

i will prolly just go the place on lincoln..i will be installing the cat myself the getting 2.5" with a flowmaster muffler....any chance we could do it that sat or maybe sun.....i bowl on friday nights....if not earlier on friday so i can at least meet some people before i have to bowl
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by 96s10
    Excellent keep me posted on where you go!! I gotta get my 3" Spintech Proshoot out installed

I love the warning that came with it:

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!This is a Racing Muffler that was designed for areas where Decibel levels are NOT 100-105 DBs

Ya I know I'm crazy.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp
    DO you have a sound clip by chance of your truck? And well does it work with your setup? Are they better than flowmaster?
    Last edited by STEALTHZR2; 01-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.

i will prolly just go the place on lincoln..i will be installing the cat myself the getting 2.5" with a flowmaster muffler....any chance we could do it that sat or maybe sun.....i bowl on friday nights....if not earlier on friday so i can at least meet some people before i have to bowl
    Hell I havent drove my truck in over 16months. I'll probably be there both nights

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTHZR2
    DO you have a sound clip by chance of your truck? And well does it work with your setup? Are they better than flowmaster?
    Not at anymore, my old hosting site went down and it was lost. I can say cam, headers, SLP ypipe, no ***, 3"tubing, race muffler = AWSOME SOUND!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    So...hacking off the pre-cat has no bad effects...right? I left mine on because I got mixed opinions on other forums. I always wanted to cut that stupid ass thing off.

I have a dumped magnaflow BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash
    So...hacking off the pre-cat has no bad effects...right? I left mine on because I got mixed opinions on other forums. I always wanted to cut that stupid ass thing off.

Nope ditch that bugger and the thing followed if u want.

So you gonna be there on the 3rd too? I'm gonna feel all weird being the only 2wd. Try not to run me over on your way in guys.

i swear i don't have this pre cat thing....its manifolds y-pipe then cat...am i missing something?
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Lash

I would cut it off. It will make the truck run smoother and better gas mileage. I never had a probelm with cutting it off. Never had a code...check engine light. Oh with a dumped magnaflow that will sound really nice if you cut it. But then I would recommend to add the tail pipe out. It will would a little annoying driving around and having the sound of your exhaust loud all the time in the cab.

i swear i don't have this pre cat thing....its manifolds y-pipe then cat...am i missing something?
    I think it's only certain years the s-series had pre-cats. I believe GM started adding them in 98.