what would your next car be?

Lets say you came across some extra income...what would your next project car(or not a project ) be?

I don't have any plans to sell my Montes but if/when I have enough money(after getting a house/garage someday) I'm thinking 87' 442 . At first I just wanted a 87-88 Cutlass but if unless prices get jacked up alot, a 442 isn't out of the range really. I'd be picky about the options, blue/silver with a gray interior(is that even possible?) and an astroroof. If I had to I'd swap in a gray gut for the blue. Then 86-87 TR motor it . Malibu wagon would be cool too, my 2nd choice......just some thoughts to kick around over winter.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I would probably do a TR, preferably an 87 Limited, because I am getting old and need the comfort
    or maybe a 68 Cutlass RamRod (aka W-31)
    Otherwise maybe a Malibu with an LS1
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

BCM sponsor
    Definitely a TR!! It would have to be a white '87 Limited TR with opera lights, cornering lights, landau top, Astroroof and 40/40 leather interior with mini console... Not that I've really given it much thought...

2008 Subabru Outback XT - Grocery Getter
    1964 Chevy BelAir 327 4-speed on Bags

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    62' Bel-Air
    red on red
    rock crusher
    9" with 4.56's
    punched out 409
    dual 850cfm carbs
    12.5:1 race gas only
    huge cam
    factory-style intake
    factory valve covers
    flowmasters with turndowns
    stock appearing engine bay
    torque thrust 2's up front and widened red steelies out back with ET streets

not like I haven't thought about my project car either
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

A Hemi Superbird!! Also would like an 80's Hurst Olds someday...
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    I'd like to get a GN/TR assuming prices stay reasonable. I could name a flurry of other cars I'd like to get like a first gen Camaro etc... but the prices of the old school cars is out of control.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would do up a two door valiant. Preferably a 67.

Change out the K-member to an aftermarket piece to get rid of the torrision bars, and 100 lbs of weight off the front end. It also gets rid of the steering box and replaces it with a rack-and-pinion set-up for MUCH more room.

I'd buy fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumpers to replace the steel ones...exterior of the car would be gold like my current valiant. I'd see about getting lexan windows for the side and rear windows for sure, and see what options I'd have using a lexan windshield. Redo the interior to be as light as possible, losing as much under the dash as possible. Of course, roll-cage as well hidden as one can be...Of course, the car would be painted gold to match the current valiant.

With the new found room under the hood, I'd drop in a B-block mopar. Built to take advantage of it's uber short (for a large block) stroke and to rev to kingdom come (IE, 77000-8200rpm) Using large runner ported AL heads, monster flat-tappet cam, 2 1/8 inch headers, 950-1050cfm demon carb, etc, etc, etc...And, well, I couldn't do all this and NOT have nitrous available to me. I'd look for something mild...say 250-300 shot?

Back this with a manual valve-bodied 727 auto tranny with a 5500rpm stall TC and trans brake. This would spin either an 8 3/4 or a dana60 rear with either 4.56/4.89 gears.

Springs would have been relocated, and a mini-tube applied. Have some nice little 10" drag radials/slicks out back.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon
    62' Bel-Air
    red on red
    rock crusher
    9" with 4.56's
    punched out 409
    dual 850cfm carbs
    12.5:1 race gas only
    huge cam
    factory-style intake
    factory valve covers
    flowmasters with turndowns
    stock appearing engine bay
    torque thrust 2's up front and widened red steelies out back with ET streets

not like I haven't thought about my project car either
    Nice Jay!!! But a Bubble Top of course. Forget the 409. 505 12.5:1 with AFR 305's, solid roller and a 4.10 posi behind a TKO. Red and white for sure.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Actually after thinking about it(wow, changed my mind quick) I'd strongly consider getting a brazen orange 06' GTO next....but probably not until 2010 or so . Rather have a mortgage before being able to handle a car payment plus wait on the depreciation to set in....would make for a great daily .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS
    Nice Jay!!! But a Bubble Top of course. Forget the 409. 505 12.5:1 with AFR 305's, solid roller and a 4.10 posi behind a TKO. Red and white for sure.
    I like your thinkin Joe!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed