Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 84'SS at Al's

84'SS at Al's

Trek to Al's in attempts to get a dash out of a Monte they have in the yard(someone f-ed it up so I didn't get it ) and there is a blue 84'SS right in front they just got in. I asked about it for parts purposes but they want to sell it whole at the moment, he said around $1,000 or so is what they'd like. Its pretty much complete, has some fire damage on the rear drivers side, melted tailight burnt paint and no rear window....maybe an ok driver? Might be more rust than is worth fixing, not sure. I took a couple other pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by PB86MCSS; 12-31-2005 at 12:23 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I also saw it today but unfortunatly thats about as far as I got cause they decided to close at noon and I couldnt get through the yard in 10 minutes.
    I see they still have the Burgandy Grand Prix sitting up front, I may have to ask about it when I try back on Monday. Looks like a easy fix for me, although I didnt look too close.
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS
    2 Chevrolet 1 Pontiac 2 Oldsmobiles

You must of showed up as I left . I took off just before 11:30...yea I saw the GP there, it was there last time I was at Al's too about a month ago or more. Looks pretty solid with only minor damage. I remember it had writing saying it was sold at the time but apparently not?
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Paul, did you see any Regals or Cutlass's there that would have the upper radiator shroud for my electric fan's?

Nope, didn't think to look for any recent additions to their collection though either....I'm always looking for those anyway knowing how desirable and cheap they can be had . If I see one I'll let you know though. I had a spare and sold it to Bob(Baboo) a couple years back.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS
    Paul, did you see any Regals or Cutlass's there that would have the upper radiator shroud for my electric fan's?
    Last weekend I went to Sturtevant auto salvage and they had 2 '87 442's , a '86ish Regal and a base model Monte Carlo maybe one of those cars may have something for you. Its right off the freeway just south of hwy K I think.
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS
    You must of showed up as I left . I took off just before 11:30...yea I saw the GP there, it was there last time I was at Al's too about a month ago or more. Looks pretty solid with only minor damage. I remember it had writing saying it was sold at the time but apparently not?
    I saw it last time too right before the snow started flying and didnt think anything of it with the sold sign.
    Just what I would need another damn car sitting at my house
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Hmm it would be pretty neat to drop a built 350 w/ a t56 and beef the suspension up for a nice autocross car.

Does it run??
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

anybody up for a james bond mission.....i need doors and that front clip
    1987 Monte Carlo SS - 2006 GXP

Hehe....the doors are rusty, didn't verify how bad though. I'm not sure if it ran or not, didn't ask. I'd assume it doesn't if it has been sitting since 98'...but then it might be a minor repair too considering it was probably junked due to the fire damage. But if they are trying to sell it whole it might mean the title is good at least.

2 87' 442's at the Sturtevant yard? Hmm...how are their prices? Rear ends left in either car? Someday I want a Cutlass to build up and will want a gray bucket interior for it, maybe I'll start collecting parts now if I can .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy85SS
    Last weekend I went to Sturtevant auto salvage and they had 2 '87 442's , a '86ish Regal and a base model Monte Carlo maybe one of those cars may have something for you. Its right off the freeway just south of hwy K I think.

Perfect... I'll be stopping there this next week if I can. I'll check on rear ends for ya Paul.

If I remember both 87's hads rears in them. One car was blue and the other Black with burgandy and white vynil interior with MO MONEY or something embroidered in the headrest. Pretty rare interior first Ive ever seen.
    There prices seem quite fair and there turnaround on cars is fast so get there soon.
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS

He had that interior done. In 85-87 442's you could get Claret (Maroon),Blue and Gray. Both ours have the Claret.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I thought Mo Money embroidery was a rare option for 87' 442's .

Fast turnaround like Al's? Hmm, might have to try and get there within a week.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

As pimpin as we Olds guy's are ......
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power
    He had that interior done. In 85-87 442's you could get Claret (Maroon),Blue and Gray. Both ours have the Claret.
    I know that someone had the interior done

The turnaround seems to be faster tan Als.
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS

Hmm...I'd also like the silver dash trim too, just in case I get a Cutlass to play with .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

The silver dash trim is gone. I looked to just in case. The blue one had it when my friend with the 87 Salon was there then I went thinking it would still be there but someone got it.
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS

I stopped at Sturtevant Auto Salvage today, and asked about the 442's, specifically if they still had the rear ends. They told me both rears are already gone. I wasn't dressed to go look at the cars. I wanted them to cut one of the rears out if they still had them.

What kind of attire where you in?

Figures they were taken quick....I didn't even bother to get there Saturday.

I went back to Al's this Saturday instead, the SS is still there where it was last week. They also just got in a speed-density TPI Camaro with some Enkei black crosslace wheels(similar to GTA's). If anyone is interested.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares