Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think im Fu@@ed

number1
    Electric contact cleaner is best. The MAF could have gotten messed up because of the snow. Borrow a stock one from someone and try that, if that doesn't fix it, look into other things.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    ok i doing the live data with my diablo sport tuner and it said that my bank 1 02 sensor was at 1104 or something like that i know it was in the 1100's tho and the others were in the 300's so will a bad 02 sensor cause the misfire codes??

I just happen to have a brand new one here that I am sellling for $50! Bosch sensor too!

doe sthis mean that mines bad? and will it cause the misfire code??

I am not sure but if you need a new one, its in stock You could try taking yours out, cleaning it off a bit maybe some water that did get ingested just foulded a plug or foulded the 02 sensor. Did you try leaving your battery unplugged for a bit to reset? Try that out and clean your maf.

i reset it with the handheld tuner i got ran it around the block and had the same problems.. im just wondering if a bad 02 can set off the multi/random misfire code or not??

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

replaced the driver side 02 sensor and all is well..

THANK YOU ALL for you help and ideas..

X2

when i thought all was well it comes back... same thing random cyl/misfire...
    check it with diablo tuner and all seems ok fuel trims are good 02 sensors are working good....

i think i got some water in the fuel lines as i only had about 1/8 of a tank so i go to speedway and by some STP water remover stuff and put the bottle in and then fill up..runs like **** for a bit make it home reset the computer go for a ride all seems good so far runs fine now..but my fuel pump is really loud so loud you can hear it whineing in the car when its running.. i hope this fixes it this time and i hope after a 1/2 tank i fill up again the fuel pump stops makeing noise..

any body got any concerns i should have??
    can the moisture in the gas from the weather and only haveing 1/8th of a tank cause the misfire on random cylenders??

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0
    any body got any concerns i should have??
    can the moisture in the gas from the weather and only haveing 1/8th of a tank cause the misfire on random cylenders??
    I know a dead o2 can definitely cause a random misfire code, but you already took care of that.
    I don't think being low on gas will throw a code.
    Last week I ran my tank completely dry until it just shut off.
    Did you ever get to check the coils?
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

never checked the coils.. but it all seems to be running fine and dandy now still hasnt thrown another code and i put on about 75 miles nast night..and after it sat all night the fuel pump no longer makes the noise it was making....

for future referance how do you check the coils?? i know thier is a little metal tab that sticks out of them is thier some type of meter i can use to check the voltae or something?