Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    POW!

so i went out and spent some money this weekend.....

2003 silverado..........plan on lifting it with some 38's, and some other small stuff .
    Attached Images Attached Images

what kinda lift? u gonna switch to sfa or keep ifs? and what brand?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

POW!
    i was looking at a superlift........not for sure but still looking, im gonna keepthe the ifs for now untill its out of warranty...

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Awesome. Nice truck!

Nice looking truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dr doom
    i was looking at a superlift........not for sure but still looking, im gonna keepthe the ifs for now untill its out of warranty...

Do you realize that lifting it will void most of if not all of your factory warranty?

Check out gmfullsize.com for the most part 38" tires and IFS is considered a waste of money and somewhat unsafe.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

yeah go to sfa if you are gonna lift it that much....maybe check out a bds lift as well...might be a lil cheaper
    Brandon

Just some guy...
    Nice truck! I love my 2005.

if i were u being an 03 dont use a superlift. there product is chinsey. my buddy has a 6" on his and its about a 5in. for an 03 if your looking to drive it everyday still either a BDS or CST or fabtech have really good ifs lifts for your truck. A 6in suspension and a 3in body will clear 38's. if your looking to do a straight axle dont mess around. www.fullthrottlesuspension.com they also have ifs lifts. or an www.offroadunlimited.com SAC kit. im in the process of a SAC on my 91. not a full throttle i dont have that kinda money. im using the ORU conversion kit using a 77.5-79 ford High pinion dana 60 with 6.5 in leafs in the front due to the conversion adding 2.5in.and a 14 bolt with 4in leafs shackle reverse and a 1in tapered block for pinion angle out back. for 9in total lift and 38's. i just ordered everything but still looking for axles so if you no of any one PM me!
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 11-28-2005 at 08:00 PM.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

ohh ya nice truck! they look AWSOME LIFTED

POW!
    thanks guys the help is appreciated, this is my first 4x4 and i will need all the help i can get, the 38s will have a rim size of 22'', i wont be driving the truck everyday but i will be driving it alot.....thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dr doom
    thanks guys the help is appreciated, this is my first 4x4 and i will need all the help i can get, the 38s will have a rim size of 22'', i wont be driving the truck everyday but i will be driving it alot.....thanks guys!
    Keep in mind that if you go to those huge ass blingin rims and 38" tires your going to need a major brake upgrade, a parachute or a big anchor or something. Takes alot more to stop those things. Best bet is either Baer brakes or SSBC brakes both have some great upgrades but they cost alot.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

superlifts state that for ifs they are 4.5 to 6"...buddy has a 95 sierra and he bought the six and it only turned out to be like 5 too....we looked at the paperwork closer and it states that for ifs it is 4.5 to 6"......just go to sfa and u won't have anymore worries....blue check out durham auto salvage they sell axles pretty cheap....also there is a guy by my house here selling matching front and rear 4.56 lockers....14 bolt rear dana 44 and dana 60 front.....not sure how much he wants he lives right on the corner of national and racine.....
    Brandon

brandon im in the proccess with that guy on racine with that 14 bolt rear. 4:56 gears and locked, my friend talked to him sometime in the summer. i have went to his house several times and no one answers the door!!!and no phone number on nething. i like that military grade rear bumper on that frame he has forsale.. i guess he wasnt messing around. thanks for the durham info ill call there asap.cuz 1300 on ebay isnt my price range when sum have gotten them for 350 from a junk yard
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 11-29-2005 at 05:48 PM.

POW!
    whats all involved in changing mine over to a sfa? and ya i knew id have to upgrade my brakes.....thanks for the help guys.....

offroadwizard
    Go to www.offroadunlimited.com like flairty said (a.k.a. bluez114) They will tell you the kit and everything that you need

yeah my brother wanted those but didn';t have the money....they are some sweet ass axles though....hope u can get'em
    Brandon

You guys could save time and money and just buy a Ford with a staight axle and leaf springs from the factory.

Nice truck...

POW!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX
    You guys could save time and money and just buy a Ford with a staight axle and leaf springs from the factory.

Nice truck...

see what fun would that be? i test drove a few fords and the road like lumber wagons.... im very happy with the truck i bought! thanks!

offroadwizard

screw taht

**** Fords. ooo boy solid front axel. y would we do that when we can enjoy actually working on our stuff and making our truck 100 times better by putting it in ourselves. Even though some fords are mint like that powerstrokes but still its more fun to build it ourselves. and besides who would even want a FORD!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX

Nice truck...
    For Only Retarded Drivers

last time i checked fords have another version of a twin I BEAM.