My 84 is gone :(

Well we finally got the 84 out of my moms house last weekend. It was sad to see it go after I've had the car since 92 but lets face it, there was nothing left of that thing but memories

Thought I'd post a couple pics from last saturday night. The right rear axle was completely locked so we had to push and hand crank it onto the trailer but suprisingly it worked pretty good. Then of course there was the point when we realized how far off center the rear end was and three of us had to litterally pick the ass end up by hand and move it (well bounce it) over about three feet

Fun stuff

OOOooooohhhhh! Nothin says Whitesnake like a 3rd gen with Keystone mags

Here is a pic I dug up from about a month after I bought it and maybe 3 days after getting the engine in. That was 1992

Did you sell it or donate it? WOW it looks really great here. Always loved the looks of the 80's Camaros.

Thanks again for the car Ben. When are we going to meet up so I can give you that beer? Taking the car off the trailer was amazing...we started pushing as hard as we could, and kind of bouncing it, and all of a sudden it decided to just kinda roll off! It rolls so easy I pushed it myself a few days ago! Wow those pics turned out good...car kinda looks cool with that tint of green! I can't believe that car looked so nice back in 92, no wonder you really liked it! Well thanks again.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTHZR2
    Did you sell it or donate it? WOW it looks really great here. Always loved the looks of the 80's Camaros.
    Technically I donated it for a case of beer

No prob Jason. I must admit though I am a little pissed. All the bitchin I put up with from my ma about this thing sitting in the yard . . .

I go over there the next day . . .

And she has HER TRUCK parked in the same damn spot! Guess the grass/yard/ect was less of a concern than I was told

We'll have to see about that beer, maybe this weekend. Forgot to ask, do you even drink beer? If so we'll have to find a warm shop for a brew and some bench racing.

PS- The greenish tint is because of the difference in color temperature of my flash unit (5200k) and the mercury flourecent yard light (about 3700k) so you get a greenish tint

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMS 1
    PS- The greenish tint is because of the difference in color temperature of my flash unit (5200k) and the mercury flourecent yard light (about 3700k) so you get a greenish tint
    maybe you should bring a book to the bar on how to use your equipment instead of bench racing....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon
    maybe you should bring a book to the bar on how to use your equipment instead of bench racing....
    OK dipsh1t correct me if I am wrong . . .

Set WB to color temp of primary lighting source (which in this case is my flash since the yard light doesnt do a very good job of providing anything usable) I suppose you were never faced with this situation before shooting from a tripod with uber long shutter speeds approaching infinity Oh but damn now I got your tripod Guess you'll need to do the same or get a magenta gel for your SB-600

Haha just funnin ya J. We still gotta re-vamp that photoshoot from last year

Quote Originally Posted by SMS 1
    camera techno babble blah blah blah etc
    is that a Dumptruck pulling the trailer that thing is goin onto? ps, reminds me of my 84 v6 auto. complete pile of crap, but i loved it. dunno why.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

no that's the work truck that is pulling the trailer(it has a rear lift gate)...damn that car looks better in pics still!
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Fox your new car is the bomb, when are ya gunna restore that one? LOL
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible