View Poll Results: Should NWS avatar photos be allowed?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 24.24%
  • No

24 72.73%
  • Undecided

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question NWS Avatar photos

How do you guys feel about NWS avatar photos? I'm down with freedom of speech and everyone being adults and pictures of babes - but at the same time it's like an automatic unexpected NWS for every post on the board.

I'm undecided.

What do other boards have for policies regarding that stuff?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I say they go...there is a good majority of us that check the boards at work and I don't need the surprises when scrolling down a page....If youhave pictures of hot chicks, post them in an NWS topic for us all to view when not at work
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I agree... and one might think it'd be courtesy to not put that in the avatar area. (shrug) I've disabled them most the time, but it's also nice because you recognize people by that while skimming through text.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    it's also nice because you recognize people by that while skimming through text.
    exactly... as for haveing a NWS avatar.. #1 i dont mind because i dont have a computer.. but then again i dont think they should be allowed because of the people at work..thats why thier is a private forum..id say keep it clean and cool..that way nobody has anyproblems..

I agree, theres nothing wrong with them but it is a pita when you want to check posts at work.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Define NWS though?? Buck ass naked chicks shouldnt be allowed in avatars....

But if its not showing anything too extreme, that works
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

I'm going to have to go with the No option, just because of the people that frequent the boards at work.

The only time I can get on here at work is during lunchtime, so it doesn't apply to me, but I'm sure there are a lot of people that check the place out during work, and don't need an unexpected surprise.
    -Tyler

I am going with not allowed too. The other forum that I frequent, and am a moderator, uses the guidline that if it can be seen in Maxim or any non adult only magazine it is good to go.

Rick

wow i was just thinking about this last week.. im glad someone brought this up .. i vote for the avatars to go.. i had too many surprises last week in the office lol

-A4
    -Couple Mods

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    I disabled mine when I am at work. I would like to save myself the headache of trying to explain to my boss about what I am looking at.

x2 .. everyone thinks ur a pervert or something lol

-A4
    -Couple Mods

Dayum nice topic! I just had to explain what I was looking at while at work and I am the boss. I like avatars and dont want to have to adjust my settings everytime I log on from work but I am going with no NWS avatars. Keep it on the profile pic or maybe sig, that way I can turn off sigs but still know whose making posts simply from avatars.

havn't really seen any NWS avatars yet........ worst ones are usually StealthZR2s, and they are covered
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    worst ones are usually StealthZR2s, and they are covered
    like you said they are coverd..so i wouldnt even say that thier bad..only thing is is he changes them every damn week....

Well his latest one is 100% naked, but she's covering her breasts. But tell me if a coworker walks up behind you, they aren't going to ask "Just what kind of stuff are you looking at???"
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 11-14-2005 at 08:58 PM.

I don't mind them but I check the board often at work and the last thing I need is someone seeing these avitars.
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Yeah there covered but take a few steps back from your computer (where your boss would be standing when they look over your sholder) looks alot worse from farther away because all you see is a half naked chick swingin around.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Happy Now!!
    Last edited by STEALTHZR2; 11-15-2005 at 07:17 PM.

formerly known as Madison Dave Cleveland Dave's Avatar
    sweet avatar!

i used to check it at work, if someone walked up, i was like yeah, it looks like a girl covering her boobies, so what
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson